Sway Bar Disconnects

Cory

Member 2024
VA4WDA
I'd like to add manual sway bar disconnects to my JLU Willys... I've had recommendations on and seen JKS disconnects installed, but someone pointed out the APEX AUTOlynx and I'm intrigued... anyone have any experience with them? Trying to decide which to install.

Last edited:
I also have a JLU Willys and my first real mod was sway bar quick disconnects. I researched for a while...certainly a few factors to consider like how it works, price, what lift you have, etc. I ended up going the Apex AutoLynx Disconnect. Works at stock ride height to small lift and really simple to use. Can easily disconnect and reconnect by myself in 5-10 seconds, don't have to worry about losing anything, etc. They've worked out well so far.

I think the JKS Disconnect work great! Adjustable, which helps with whatever lift you decide to put on. Pull a cotter pin and your done! I think they are greaseable too!

I’ve had JKS disconnects on two TJ’s and an XJ, and I’d get them again in a heartbeat if I didn’t have the Rubicon which already has disconnects (but those can be troublesome and prone to solenoid failure).

I almost wish I had manual disconnects, really.
And the JKS ones are absolutely fantastic.

I did something, if you can find it. I bought a Rubicon Sway Bar (that has the electronic sway bar disconnect inside the cabin) from a friend after his switch had gone bad. I added this from Evo Manfacturing.

I did something, if you can find it. I bought a Rubicon Sway Bar (that has the electronic sway bar disconnect inside the cabin) from a friend after his switch had gone bad. I added this from Evo Manfacturing.

I have JKS ordered, but I watched a lengthy YouTube video on the rubicon swap with the manual evo knob thing. Pretty ingenious and I considered it.

Ready to use!

1658513767916.jpeg

They look nice. I love the grease fitting covers. Those are different than mine. The ones I have completely come off. Are those the 0-2” lift ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back