Stalling out

I need some help. 97 TJ has suddenly decided to stall out in idle unless I am keeping pressure on the gas pedal. No recent mechanical work and starts up fine. Admittedly, the Jeep has been parked in the garage all winter, but I had it out a few weeks ago with no issues. Of course I'm stumped as to why all of a sudden with no prior indications this is happening. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike.

I need some help. 97 TJ has suddenly decided to stall out in idle unless I am keeping pressure on the gas pedal. No recent mechanical work and starts up fine. Admittedly, the Jeep has been parked in the garage all winter, but I had it out a few weeks ago with no issues. Of course I'm stumped as to why all of a sudden with no prior indications this is happening. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike.
I'd start by checking for vaccum leaks, then try cleaning the IAC. Also, spray some cleaner into the throttle body.

Might try a tank of premium high quality gas like Exxon or shell add some seafoam and run it hard.

That's the easy stuff.

But iac etc. Is a possibility. Vacuum/air flow can definitely cause those issues.

I found that if I let a vehicle sit for really long periods of time I tend to get fuel filter issues too.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

Back