Shout Out to Bull Run 4x4

Jeepin_Donnie

Member 2022
Blue Ribbon Coalition
VA4WD
Just got my rig back from @BullRun4x4 last week! I was experiencing periodic death wobble between 40 and 50 mph. Not crazy violent but violent enough I had to almost come to a complete stop in order for it to stop. I had my rig towed to them since it was free. Thanks AAA! I did not want to drive it on 66 in that traffic with the possibility of experiencing death wobble with other cars around!

When looking for the issue myself, everything was tight, and I did the "tire giggle" test I saw on YouTube to test the ball joints. They seemed ok but I knew they would need replacing at some point as I have been running heavy wheels and 37s since 2018. I also knew I would need new tires in 5-10k more miles or so.

They were able to diagnose and locate issues I couldn't myself. I knew my tires were bad, but not severely cupped. I replaced my Cooper STT Pros with the same at an awesome price! I also had a bushing gone bad on my trackbar. They inspected my ball joints and recommended I replace them as well. Well my rig seriously rides like a new Jeep! I'm still in awe every time I drive it, and when I hit bumps in the road that previously caused steering shimmies, no such shimmies now at all. It's really amazing!

So I'm giving a well deserved, HUGE shoutout to Mike and his team at Bull Run 4x4! Thanks fellas!

cwkann

Website Committee
Member 2022
Glad you had it taken care of. It has always taken time for me to get used to not having to clench up when you hit a bump after it is corrected. :)

Jeepin_Donnie

Member 2022
Blue Ribbon Coalition
VA4WD
Glad you had it taken care of. It has always taken time for me to get used to not having to clench up when you hit a bump after it is corrected. :)
Thanks! Yeah it's weird not having steering shimmies! I feel like bump steer and steering shimmies are "a Jeep thing" haha!