Serenity 2.0 Build

Long Story sold my First JK about 2 years back 11 JKU Rubicon.. it was s silly mistake for the right reasons i thought at the time,  I had to live with  Duh

18 months later Got Tried of not having a jeep considered buying a project jeep spent some time looking around, then Circumstances Lined up and things worked out so sold the truck and
Bought a new 2017  JKU Rubicon Recon!  Cheers

Now I gotta start all over but I learned a lot from the last one so I will do things differently on this one, not so many changes and buying cheap stuff to bide time, gotta use patience and do it right the first time.  Grab a Wrench!

Day of Purchase
gPoMa8m.jpg

Current Mod List and Photo

Teraflex CT4 Long Arm w/ Falcon 3.3 Shocks
Falcon Nexus Stearing Stabilizer
Teraflex Hinged Tire Carrier
Bronze 17x9 Method 106 Beadlocks
Toyo MT 37x12.5x17
Yukon 4.88 Gears
Adams Front Driveshaft 1310 Extreme Duty Series
FlowMaster American Thunder High Tuck
AFE Exhaust CrossOver Relocation
ARB Onboard Air via Twin Compressor
SPOD Daul Led Switch&Source
Bushwaker Aluminium Fender Flares
Maximus-3 Classic Style Hoop
Artec JK Front Axel Armor Kit
Dynatrac Pro Steer Ball Joints
Teraflex HD Raised Rear Falcon Skids
ACE Engineering Engine / Trans Skids
Poison Spyder XD Crossmember
Poison Spyder Diff Covers
Carolina Metal Masters Knuckle Grab handles W/Extended Offroad Mirrors
Carolina Metal Master Customer Grab Bar w/ Ram Mounts
Superchips Flashcal F5
7" Round LED Driving Lights
Cobra 19 CB w/ Roadmaster PA
Firestick 3' Antenna
LED 3rd Brake Light Ring
Daystar Hood Latches
BOLT Hood Lock
Teraflex Brake Line Anchors
Bestop Underseat Lock Box
JKS Rear License Plate Relocation
EVO Evap Skid
Besttop NX Glide
AlienSunshade Custom Sunshade

sW2XYMf.jpg

To be Installed
LED Rock Lights

I have several Odds and ends left over from my last build so i started tossing some stuff on  First had to make sure it was lab approved

Check Tag it as Such

And a few things around the house / console pad / Stubby Antenna Daystar Hood Latches Ect ect

Less than a week later i ended up with some Friends at the PA Jeeps Show in York, got a ton of ideas but fell in love with the CMM Grab handles So Left with their complete setup to include Mirrors

DoorLess Test

I have plenty of assorted Ram Mounts lying around so testing with the phone mounted up there, not a big fan will leave it for the go pro

While i was there we did a little backroad exploring and got her in the dirt a bit and then got the windows Tinted

Next This last weekend i visted my parents where alot of my jeep stuff had been stored.  So i spent some time on getting the essentials back in order got a basic toolbag re-organized and found my recovery bag

Then Got basic some basic coms back up and running

And Redid The Re-end by relocating the Plate W/Light and Adding a Firestick Antenna, with a basic tune but still have to take it in to get properly tuned.  

Also mounted a PA horn that was in my box of CB parts..  So that's fun  :twist while i was putting that Temp in the front bumper i removed the stubbies and a fun sticker

Thanks guys!

I have never not swapped the exhaust on any vehicle I have owned so this happened over the weekend Flowmaster Cat back system and I gotta say I love the fit and finish and the location over the old Dynomax system I had.

Pipe Comparison

This isn't the best picture but it tucks around everything and actually over the rear Sway bar. It looks like its sitting on it but once everything was tightened down there is a good half inch between them

Tip Comes out Just barely Under the bumper I will hit a few other things long before the exhaust hits

Dynamic said:
Thanks guys!

I have never not swapped the exhaust on any vehicle I have owned so this happened over the weekend Flowmaster Cat back system and I gotta say I love the fit and finish and the location over the old Dynomax system I had.

Tip Comes out Just barely Under the bumper I will hit a few other things long before the exhaust hits

I think it looks great!!  But I have a question for you, and I am not trying to be a negative nancy, but with the pipe ending where it does on your bumper, is there any chance it gets hot enough to melt the bumper cover?  Just curious!  :?

DAMTALL said:
I think it looks great!!  But I have a question for you, and I am not trying to be a negative nancy, but with the pipe ending where it does on your bumper, is there any chance it gets hot enough to melt the bumper cover?  Just curious!  :?

Not negative nancy at all!  It does point down so I am not sure how much of an overall problem it would be

That said the recon has the Hardrock Bumpers which are steel so not worried about them melting  (y)

OK, those wheels....where did you get them, and what model are they? They have rustled my jimmies. I love the look of bronze wheels on the black JK....

AngryEchoSix said:
OK, those wheels....where did you get them, and what model are they? They have rustled my jimmies. I love the look of bronze wheels on the black JK....

they are Method 106s
https://www.methodracewheels.com/collections/all/products/106-beadlock-bronze

and I have never heard the expression "rustled my jimmies".  :rotfl

What's the legality of running beadlocks here in VA? I know a lot of shops won't touch beadlocks, so I'm curious. Also, what about balancing? edge weights, stick on weights, or a loose media inside the tire so it balances on the go? (Sorry for so many questions, I'm trying to plan out the build on my JKUR)

AngryEchoSix said:
What's the legality of running beadlocks here in VA? I know a lot of shops won't touch beadlocks, so I'm curious. Also, what about balancing? edge weights, stick on weights, or a loose media inside the tire so it balances on the go? (Sorry for so many questions, I'm trying to plan out the build on my JKUR)

Virginia has no specific prohibition of Multi-Part wheels, so If it's a DOT Approved wheel, it's legal. https://law.lis.virginia.gov/admincode/title19/agency30/chapter70/section500/

There aren't many DOT approved beadlocks. AEV Makes some, and they still don't recommend them for street use!

Method Race Wheels are not DOT approved, and Method specifically states they are for off road use only... https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0116/6842/files/8.19.16_Method_Beadlock_Guidelines_WEB_3e081eed-0742-4d23-8984-f03e02bbb925.pdf?10447696810621187145

Beadlocks are difficult to balance, clip on edge weights don't work on the outside, stick on weights work, free media in the wheel is debatable as to if it works at all (Personally, I've not had luck with Dynabeads in street driven tires at all). Also, You have to make sure the tire is well seated and in the beadlock properly all the way around before even attempting to balance them.

Beadlocks require a lot more maintenance than a regular wheel, You're supposed to check the torque of all the ring bolts every few hundred miles, and replace them every year.

Personally, I would not run Beadlocks on the street, unless it was on a vehicle I specifically was only going to drive to and from trails...

There are tons of people who run them on a Daily Basis do they have extra work yes hands down and you should take that into account. 

My JK gets driven very little, I have  a 4 mile work commute and my only long trips are for wheeling.    If i had significantly more driving time i might have considered something else.
I have multiple friends who have run beadlocks for years and had no problems in VA, including inspection or the wheels themselves.  Like has been said its a muddy grey area they are not illegal as far as VA  inspection 

ORI is handling putting the wheels together and getting them balanced, considering they do them pretty regularly i dont expect any troubles.  I wont take them to just any old tire shop though it could be difficult. 

The extra maintenance doesn't bother me at all.  Taking the time to check the torque on all the wheels.  I spend my spring / summer weekends in PA with friends and family and tend to hit up rausch every 2-3 weeks.  Routinely checking suspension bolts / wheel lugs ect is just habbit at this point adding BL checks isnt a big deal.  I lost a lower rear control arm nut on my old jeep so i am overly cautious in checking everything now.

http://www.liftlaws.com/are_beadlocks_street_legal.htm
http://www.aev-conversions.com/pdf/BeadlockMythsAndMisconceptions.pdf

But like Zuke Says if you have a heavily driven Daily Driver i would consider something else.

Dynamic said:
There are tons of people who run them on a Daily Basis do they have extra work yes hands down and you should take that into account. 

My JK gets driven very little, I have  a 4 mile work commute and my only long trips are for wheeling.     If i had significantly more driving time i might have considered something else.
I have multiple friends who have run beadlocks for years and had no problems in VA, including inspection or the wheels themselves.  Like has been said its a muddy grey area they are not illegal as far as VA  inspection 

ORI is handling putting the wheels together and getting them balanced, considering they do them pretty regularly i dont expect any troubles.   I wont take them to just any old tire shop though it could be difficult. 

The extra maintenance doesn't bother me at all.  Taking the time to check the torque on all the wheels.  I spend my spring / summer weekends in PA with friends and family and tend to hit up rausch every 2-3 weeks.  Routinely checking suspension bolts / wheel lugs ect is just habbit at this point adding BL checks isnt a big deal.  I lost a lower rear control arm nut on my old jeep so i am overly cautious in checking everything now.

http://www.liftlaws.com/are_beadlocks_street_legal.htm
http://www.aev-conversions.com/pdf/BeadlockMythsAndMisconceptions.pdf

But like Zuke Says if you have a heavily driven Daily Driver i would consider something else.

Excellent information, thanks guys. Looks like beadlocks aren't the route for me on my build, much to my wallets delight -  :lol

I think they would have been nice mainly for the cool factor, but with how I drive my JK (roughly 90-100 miles daily on my commute, Stafford to Reston) regular wheels are my best bet.

Got it Back from ORI today they finished my Lift and Gears.  Since i went long arm and cant weld Into a shop it went and i am very pleased with the work they did.

:wrench

Teraflex CT4 Long Arm w/ Falcon 3.3 Shocks
Falcon Nexus Stearing Stabilizer
Teraflex Hinged Tire Carrier
Bronze 17x9 Method 106 Beadlocks
Toyo MT 37x12.5x17
Yukon 4.88 Gears

XFj4Tvq.jpg

6bb7mWM.jpg

WgsahNI.jpg

VlV307X.jpg

YHpwBZE.jpg