September Weekend at Rausch

Added to Calendar: 09-24-22

R3

Offroad Committee Lead
Trail Instructor
Member 2024
Blue Ribbon Coalition
VA4WDA
Take II. So I am finially getting my poop together and it will be time to shake it up on the rocks.

Trails types : Blue, Black, Red

When: September 24/25

Accommodations: Camping at the park ( hotels near by)

Plan on traveling up AM 23 Sept

Requirements: Full size spare, usually tool pack up for your rig, First aid and fire extinguisher, working winch and recovery gear.

Comms: UHF or VHF depending on the group. ( desired but not required)

What to expect: epic trail rides on advanced trails.
- Cemetery
- Death Trap
- Rock Creek
- Crawling for Cops
- Trail F
- And some green blue stuff for easy less bouncy stuff.
- Sunday Lunch at the Beach

Before you ask my Jeep make these?, I have seen a CJ7 on 33s on all of these, a JK on 35s on all of these and also seen Built jeeps on 40+ not make the gate keeper on Crawl daddy.... So if you Jeep has lockers ( at least 1), a moderate lift, some form or skid plates to include oil pan, and bigger than stock tires, and a positive attitude there is a good chance you will do just fine.

Food, yup bring some. Breakfast and dinner at camp, I always bring enough to share. Lunch on the trail, i will bring my cook gear and make something hot to eat.

Camp, Rausch is primitive camping. I will be camping on site. All are welcome to join the campsite or come visit over the fire at night. Bring your own chair. Yes it will be September and yes we will have a camp fire.

Lead) R3, aka the Red Jeep
2) Tally Ho
3) Zuke +1
4) 3volve
5)
6)

Rob

Last edited:
Dont know yet. Not sure if i'll be able to get back up there so soon after Camp Heep and i gotta find out when i'm on call again.

Reactions: R3
Putting on the calendar as tentative. With any luck that would be a great test for the new Dana 489, but not keeping my hopes up.

Oh geez, I want to try Mammoth so bad. I feel like it’s going to kick our butts, but we’ll still have a great time.

I’m tentative right now though. This would make 6 weekends in a row of motorsports related plans. I’m a little uneasy committing without having a some downtime to do maintenance on the vehicles.

Last edited:
I definitely want to see Mammoth if we go over there, but pretty sure I don't have anything that could handle it...

Note that AOAA is saying you MUST call ahead for special access to even get to it, it's not open for just regular wheeling..

• Sad
IF, my rear is in, again, doubt it, I want to go back to Yellow Jacket and do that crawl that I failed to the left of that buggy line Rob. Just didnt' quite have enough umpha and grip and need to be winched at the end.

IF, my rear is in, again, doubt it, I want to go back to Yellow Jacket and do that crawl that I failed to the left of that buggy line Rob. Just didnt' quite have enough umpha and grip and need to be winched at the end.
Come anyway....

So while this is a shake down run for the Red Jeep, this is really an advanced trail run. So if you have a mind to try or run some advanced trails give this one some thought. Yes it will be slow and yes we are happy to have folks along that want to advance their skills. The three who are confirmed are all excellent guides and teachers.
Yes these will be advanced trails and things could get noisy and there is a good possibility to get the winch out. No worries all just part of the game. The whole idea is to have fun and advance some skills. if you do decide to give it a try all I ask is bring a good attitude and a willingness to learn and pitch in as part of the team.

Cheers

As I told you the other night, I don't remember exactly what line we ran that I had to be winched, but I want to get back over there. I think it was on the way to yellow jacket. To the left of the buggy line. You all went around to the left, I stopped, said hold on I want to try "that". Didn't make it, got winched, then we had lunch on top. LOL

I can remember all teh things about it, but can't remember a name or exact location. ha

Trail five at the wall, you and rattletrap55 drove that line that was awesome!

That sounds right. I think with the 35 MTs, I can get a little more grip then the 33 ATs. Want to try again before the locker.

Back