RRR

Little update on the Red Jeep.

Getting to know the LT6.2 and Alison 8 speed has been an experience to say the least. Driving on road cruise control is my friend as this thing is happy around 2500-3500 RPM and that equates to Felony speeding o_O. Shifting is still getting comfortable as it is a learning transmission. First gear shifts are a bit abrupt and there is no defuel or depower in the lower gears now. Yes Alice that means it will smoke the tires from a standing start thru at least 4 gears. At $600 per, that was a one time demonstration.

Coming up on it first oil change, what I have noticed is the ease of which it moves in traffic. the 3 inch exhaust depending on how hard one stands on the skinny peddle Puts the "loud" in the phrase. At cruise it is very quiet in the cab thanks to some muffler wrap and a layer of Dyna mat sound deadener.

Fuel mileage is a bit down from the 3.6 but not by much. It pulls a steady 14-15 MPG on longer runs. Considering this thing weighs around 7000# and has a haunting 450hp under the hood I can say I am happy with this. Some more tuning on the trans is on teh list.

Need to sort out a skid plate system to cover the trans and oil pan. Have a used skid ( Thanks @zuke) that will require a kustom mounting solution. Nothing a few hours on a lift can fix yes?

Atlas shipped a new transfer case back in Oct. Now that it is installed the rear output is leaking slightly.... Nothing a few call to Advanced adaptors can't fix. Sight tube had a bad fitting and the folks at advanced sent a new one with just a phone call. I can't say enough about service like that. Bravo folks.

Schedules being what they are time to get the balance of the suspension done will have to be piece by piece as time and schedule permits. I have a lot of stuff that needs work right now and priorities are stacking........

Going to run a snow ride at AoAA this coming weekend to see who the beast works in the snow. Driving home Monday night on snow covered roads was easy even in 2WD.

Look for the Red Jeep on a trail near you this year. We are ready to play.

Back