Rock slider wrenching party

OneArmedSaint

Member 2024
My Shrockworks sliders have arrived and I'm looking for a hand (insert joke here) installing. They're monsters at 89 pounds each, will involve drilling 1 hole but fairly straight forward. I know @BldyFrog had mentioned help but I'm not holding anyone to anything.
Planning weekend of 1-2 October, it'll be a b-day present to myself (Oct 3).
If anyone is looking to do Shrockworks stuff in the future it would be a learning experience.

Let me know here or at September meeting.
Since I have two garage bays, anyone that wants to wrench their stuff is welcome.
-Joe

For planning purposes since we're all spread out, I live in Nokesville (west Manassas)

****officially Saturday the 1st. 10 a.m.

Last edited:
My Shrockworks sliders have arrived and I'm looking for a hand (insert joke here) installing. They're monsters at 89 pounds each, will involve drilling 1 hole but fairly straight forward. I know @BldyFrog had mentioned help but I'm not holding anyone to anything.
Planning weekend of 1-2 October, it'll be a b-day present to myself (Oct 3).
If anyone is looking to do Shrockworks stuff in the future it would be a learning experience.

Let me know here or at September meeting.
Since I have two garage bays, anyone that wants to wrench their stuff is welcome.
-Joe
Joe,

I may be able to help. Will know more as the date gets closer.

If you are available during the week I am off Tuesday -fri and can plan a day to get it done. Just let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds like one of things that's a joke but not really, cause if you brought the sliders to the meeting you'd have like 20 people excited to be helping
Not a joke. Could probably have it done in 30-45 minutes depending on who helps. wont be the first parking lot install i've done.

Not a joke. Could probably have it done in 30-45 minutes depending on who helps. wont be the first parking lot install i've done.
Yeah I figured behind the lol was a real offer. And given I live in apt all my installs are parking lot installs haha... I'd certainly be down give a few turns where it's needed

Hey Brother always willing to lend a hand ( insert joke here) let me know at the meeting.
Cheers

Last edited:
Seems to be shaping up be quite a party!! I'm gonna plan for 10 a.m.
Located at 14078 Carriage Ford Rd in Nokesville.

As exciting as the after meeting idea is, would be too much trouble.

So in re-reading instructions, it involves drilling 2 1/2" holes on each side (drivers/passenger).
Rest uses flag nuts and existing holes. I have all the drills, bits, etc just not enough one-handed strength to do it.

Again, y'all welcome to use the other bay for your own whatever. Get some pizza after.

Any other questions I can answer at meeting.

Y'all are awesome!!

Last edited:
I hope to make it as well. It will depend on what time my daughter's soccer game is. I'll know more once the schedule is released! 🔧 🍻

@OneArmedSaint ...
Is this still on? I have a couple parts I need to put on my Jeep too. What day is it? Oct 3 is a Monday.
Its still on. Saturday the 1st, 10 a.m.
14078 Carriage Ford.
I was planning to bump the post midweek.

As an aside, wife and I just got to Oak Ridge TN. She has wedding for college roommates daughter tomorrow so I drove her and am hitting Windrock #16 tomorrow while she's doing that. Worked out well for me!! But its wet here and light rain expected tonight so should be interesting.

14078 Carriage Ford.

As an aside, wife and I just got to Oak Ridge TN. She has wedding for college roommates daughter tomorrow so I drove her and am hitting Windrock #16 tomorrow while she's doing that. Worked out well for me!! But its wet here and light rain expected tonight so should be interesting.
14078 Carriage Ford.

trail 16 can be a handful when wet or raining. there are two big hill climbs and the first will likely require winching if not both. Make sure you have a buddy with ya.

While I was interested in helping, turns out I'm currently marooned in FL due to Hurricane Ian so....not gonna make it. Hope it goes well!

Back