Repair Shop in My Area

Thanks for making me laugh Adam! Appreciate that! The pothole is actually on Telegraph Road between South Kings Highway and the Coast Guard Station. I need to go and take a look for it. Report it to the state of Virginia and possibly file a tort claim against them for damages.
Make sure to do a trail report.

Thank you to everyone for their concern, their thoughts and their jokes to make me laugh! I truly appreciate all of you looking out for me!

Thank you to everyone for their concern, their thoughts and their jokes to make me laugh! I truly appreciate all of you looking out for me!
There is a lot of talent and knowedge here on the forums. Lean on us that is what we are here for.

It's hard not to look out for you. You're so DamTall.
Some tall jokes I’ve saved off to help brighten @Damtall55 ‘s day.

185EAF0E-25AB-41E3-BB28-9A43D334FE37.jpeg

F565CCEA-204C-409D-9BC4-F8C276E2E8DF.jpeg

View attachment 4991

C26A7C0C-353B-4809-BBDD-958139D8E8F4.jpeg

8739910F-B34F-4800-B59F-21B9819B059E.jpeg

Last edited:
You know what cracks me up about people?!? You NEVER see someone walk up to a midget and say "Damn, you're short! How short are you?" 🤪

It is an old Jeep with a lot of miles on it. $17,000 is a bit much for an axle and install. are you sure they did not quote SF all the work to be done to include the re gear?

Swapping axles is a simple task You can buy a full up axle for $2000-$5000. Install is relatively simple. There are enough people on this forum that can lend a hand at a wrenching party.

As long as the frame is not bent the axle replacement should not be that expensive. By it back or look elsewhere is a tough choice. take a minute and weigh the options and go from there. You can buy back you Jeep and it will have a salvage title to it. Then you still have to buy an axle as well.

D44 with nothing special upgraded ball joints and nothing fancy is $3551.00 plus shipping ($200) so $3751.

Do you need control arms? lots of companies out there that offer adjustable control arms $200-$400
Tie rod and drag link 7075 Aluminum is around $400-$600

Install no gear change $4351.00-$4751.00 Plus buying back you Jeep.

Or you can just pay $17K and not go thru insurance.

PS hear some stories about BR and know one friend that is getting a run around on a simple axle install seemingly going off the tracks... Go in with a plan if you go that route. Know what you want and understand what they are going to do for the quoted price.
Hey Rob, what sort of stories are you hearing about your friend? I’m the owner and I’d love to know what kind of run around your friend is getting. Care to share your friends name so I can look them up in my CRM and attempt to identify any issues? I take this seriously and if you’ve ever been to my shop and met me first hand (which I don’t recall ever meeting you in person) you would know better than this. I’m happy to rectify any issues that your anonymous friend has if you bring both to light. We put our customers first and foremost above anything else.

If your friend is waiting on on a quote then it’s because my GM, Tiffany is out sick at the moment. Your friend can always email me at mike@bullrun4x4.com for a status update on an estimate or job in progress.we are 100% transparent here at Bull Run 4x4.

PM me please.

Last edited:
R3 - PS it may seem as I'm a bit abrasive but I'm very very passionate about this sort of stuff, so I apologize if my tone wasn't well received. We stand behind our work and will make it right regardless. If you've been a customer of ours and had a warranty related issue, you'll know you'll leave with a free hat, a t-shirt, maybe even a Facebook post about us falling on our own sword and your Jeep fixed 100% if there ever was an issue. We are 100% transparent about how we operate and our work. I can't name one shop in a 200 mile radius that also shows their flaws online as we do in hopes to show that we are all human and have to hold ourselves accountable.

We discussed this via PM....

Ironically enough you never shared the customers full name with me. Not sure why you didn’t so I took it upon myself to comb through my customer database and found the only customer named Joe that we ever did LCA skids for an reached out to him directly. We had great conversation over the phone just now and I did find out that one of my techs welded LCA skids on without removing the lower links. In fact my tech spoke with Joe about how he did the job and explained to him that he even put masking tape over the joints to see if they started to get hot which my tech said they never did. The job was paid for and Joe left. The bushings were in fact damaged and I just had a staff meeting to address this.

I also called Joe and refunded him $700 in labor for his job dated back from May of 2021 even as Joe asked me NOT to refund him. I cannot in good faith take someone’s money for a job that wasn’t done to my standard let alone the customers standard. He indicated it was his choice to go this route when the job was done but to me as a shop owner, I have high standards and won’t let work leave that doesn’t meet my expectations.

So as you can see, I do take customer service very seriously and I would appreciate it if you not talk in a slanderous manner on the public forums about us with second hand information. It’s not a good look for you.

Anyone who knows us and has had work done by us will be a testament to this as well.

Have a great day, R3!

Man, Mike, that is awesome! Yet another testament to you having a great business to support this sport!! Certainly better than many other businesses that are run much less conscientiously! I certainly appreciate your post and actions! It speaks VOLUMES! (y)

I didn’t think what @R3 said was that harsh but It seems to me like a great idea that the info was shared because it resolved a couple issues. I would say the main one being that you could address a process and ensure that it isn’t done like that again. Kudos for paying the customer back but all this feels a little over the top to me. Im just sharing my opinion so no need to take offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironically enough you never shared the customers full name with me. Not sure why you didn’t so I took it upon myself to comb through my customer database and found the only customer named Joe that we ever did LCA skids for an reached out to him directly. We had great conversation over the phone just now and I did find out that one of my techs welded LCA skids on without removing the lower links. In fact my tech spoke with Joe about how he did the job and explained to him that he even put masking tape over the joints to see if they started to get hot which my tech said they never did. The job was paid for and Joe left. The bushings were in fact damaged and I just had a staff meeting to address this.

I also called Joe and refunded him $700 in labor for his job dated back from May of 2021 even as Joe asked me NOT to refund him. I cannot in good faith take someone’s money for a job that wasn’t done to my standard let alone the customers standard. He indicated it was his choice to go this route when the job was done but to me as a shop owner, I have high standards and won’t let work leave that doesn’t meet my expectations.

So as you can see, I do take customer service very seriously and I would appreciate it if you not talk in a slanderous manner on the public forums about us with second hand information. It’s not a good look for you.

Anyone who knows us and has had work done by us will be a testament to this as well.

Have a great day, R3!

Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and for the conversation. As mentioned and for others, the work was delivered as promised and it was my decision not contact Bull Run regarding this issue because it was not a big deal to me, plus I had an extra set of bushings sitting on the shelf. To be honest, Mike and I battled a bit regarding the refund as it’s not in my nature to accept something that is rightfully Bull Run’s to keep, especially since the work was completed almost a year ago.

This is a great demonstration of Mike and his Team‘s commitment to ensuring their company’s ethos permeates both within and to it’s customer.

Thanks again Mike!

All the best,

Joe

Damtall - In all seriousness, I am sorry this thread has taken us way off topic. I hope they fill in those cavernous potholes that have been in Lorton for years soon and that your Jeep comes back to you just as it was, or better.

Last edited:
Back