Recommendations for installation shops - Steel Bumper and Rubicon Shocks

Hey Everyone-

Really appreciate any help here!

Looking to swap out my plastic front bumper for steel on my 2021 Sahara 4xe, and also to upgrade from Sahara shocks to Rubicon (using takeoffs).

Called around and the estimates seem very high for what these are. Not looking for any great deal, just a fair estimate (was quoted $500 and $700 for popping on the bumper).

Any recommendations of fair, Jeep friendly shops in the Arlington VA area?

Thx!

Hey Everyone-

Really appreciate any help here!

Looking to swap out my plastic front bumper for steel on my 2021 Sahara 4xe, and also to upgrade from Sahara shocks to Rubicon (using takeoffs).

Called around and the estimates seem very high for what these are. Not looking for any great deal, just a fair estimate (was quoted $500 and $700 for popping on the bumper).

Any recommendations of fair, Jeep friendly shops in the Arlington VA area?

Thx!
Dirt nerds is up that way and very good... or you could always post in the renting party section and I have no doubt that you could get some folks to help out. The bumper is not that difficult at all, the shocks and suspension are also not that bad.

I agree with Nacho on this one. Wrenching party would be a good idea and if you are new to wrenching, it is a good place for you to start.

Guys are usually willing to work for pizza and "soda" so your cost would be low as well.

If you are ever in the Woodbridge area, I had this done at Quality Tire - Custom Auto Shoppe.

That sounds pretty high for the amount of work. The bumper is just 8 nuts (and installing factory fogs/wiring if you choose to do so) and the shocks are really easy to do on the JL. I feel like it should only take 2 hours of billable labor to do all of that, including removing and replacing all 4 wheels. IIRC current labor rates are around $140/hr most places. If you've ever wanted to learn how to work on your jeep, this is a great project to start with since its a new jeep and wont have corrosion issues yet. This can all be done with basic hand tools, but air tools would make it go twice as fast.

I have some time this weekend to help out if you don’t mind driving to Ashburn.

Just checking in to see if you need some help getting your bumper and shocks installed? Do you have a garage or driveway?

Find anything in the area? Curios to hear if you did...I live in Arlington and used to take my Mazda3 to Tom's Auto Stop in Shirlington for many years. Honestly no idea on where that's close to go dealer wise or shop wise that's off road/Jeep. On a recommendation I went to Dirt Nerds for a general inspection and advice and they seem like they'd be a great option if you're willing to drive a bit.

Also did you already buy Rubicon take-offs? If so where did you buy them? I was curious about getting Rubicon springs for my Willys.

Find anything in the area? Curios to hear if you did...I live in Arlington and used to take my Mazda3 to Tom's Auto Stop in Shirlington for many years. Honestly no idea on where that's close to go dealer wise or shop wise that's off road/Jeep. On a recommendation I went to Dirt Nerds for a general inspection and advice and they seem like they'd be a great option if you're willing to drive a bit.

Also did you already buy Rubicon take-offs? If so where did you buy them? I was curious about getting Rubicon springs for my Willys.
Kevin at Quality Tire - Custom Auto Shoppe had a a few sets of these when I was in there last time with my Jeep.

I've got a set of jku rubicon springs available.

Back