Peters Mill (Jeep BoH ride)

Added to Calendar: 04-16-22

Welcome to Spring!

On April 16, Northern VA Jeepers Association will be leading a new-to-Jeeping/Badge of Honor trail ride to Peters Mill. Peters Mill Run is managed by the US Forest Service and one of Jeep’s Badge of Honor trails. If you are not familiar with the BoH program, it is a program where Jeep will give you a free badge for conquering certain trails. For more information, click here.

The trail is a perfect place for new Jeepers to get out and drive on some dirt while going over a few rocky areas and through a little mud. There are some great photo spots and we will enjoy lunch on the trail.

This ride will include a new to Jeeping brief before we get started and folks will be on hand to answer any questions new Jeepers may have. It is family friendly and should be a great time for all.

I expect this ride to fill up but am going to give members a short advantage to sign up (will move to public forum on 3/28). If you are an experienced off-roader, you may want to give some “newbies” a chance as I will be going over some basic how-to’s and will be a pretty slow ride.

Details:
  • Date: Saturday, April 16, 2022
  • Time: 9:00am
  • Rally Point: 7/11 in Woodstock where each vehicle will be required to purchase a $5 day pass for the trail.
  • The address for 7-11 is 340 W Reservoir Rd, Woodstock, VA 22664
Required Equipment:
  • Not too much required for this ride other than a Jeep with 4WD in good working order
  • Some snacks and lunch
  • A good attitude
Optional Equipment:
  • GMRS Radio- I will use GMRS radio for communications, but if you do not have a radio, it is no big deal
  • Normal offroad tools & equipment
I will cap this ride at 14 rigs because any more than that becomes unwieldy on the trail as traffic goes both directions.
  1. Nacho (Lead)
  2. neinoIII
  3. SaintedDrew
  4. OneArmedSaint
  5. Kixster
  6. Blink9cd
  7. Dubv09
  8. STP72

9. Damtall55(Tail)

View attachment 3954
I’d like to join. Thx. —Doug

I'm in if there's room, might have a future son in law that would like to go with us, if there's room, he has a Tundra , but don't hold that against him
Now we will have 2 "Big Joes" ....(Damtall is also Big Joe) :LOL:

Getting close as ride is this weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone out at 7-11, then on the trail. We have a pretty big group, so if you are signed up and unable to make it, please let me know....also, if I missed a post and you're not listed at the top of this thread please let me know.

As noted at the top of thread...this is a Jeep Badge of Honor trail (only one in VA), so if you do not have the Jeep BoH app, I would suggest downloading at home before you leave. I can help show you how to check in, if needed.

Looks like we might have a little mud, but weather should at least be warm. (y)

Welcome to Spring!

On April 16, Northern VA Jeepers Association will be leading a new-to-Jeeping/Badge of Honor trail ride to Peters Mill. Peters Mill Run is managed by the US Forest Service and one of Jeep’s Badge of Honor trails. If you are not familiar with the BoH program, it is a program where Jeep will give you a free badge for conquering certain trails. For more information, click here.

The trail is a perfect place for new Jeepers to get out and drive on some dirt while going over a few rocky areas and through a little mud. There are some great photo spots and we will enjoy lunch on the trail.

This ride will include a new to Jeeping brief before we get started and folks will be on hand to answer any questions new Jeepers may have. It is family friendly and should be a great time for all.

I expect this ride to fill up but am going to give members a short advantage to sign up (will move to public forum on 3/28). If you are an experienced off-roader, you may want to give some “newbies” a chance as I will be going over some basic how-to’s and will be a pretty slow ride.

Details:
  • Date: Saturday, April 16, 2022
  • Time: 9:00am
  • Rally Point: 7/11 in Woodstock where each vehicle will be required to purchase a $5 day pass for the trail.
  • The address for 7-11 is 340 W Reservoir Rd, Woodstock, VA 22664
Required Equipment:
  • Not too much required for this ride other than a Jeep with 4WD in good working order
  • Some snacks and lunch
  • A good attitude
Optional Equipment:
  • GMRS Radio- I will use GMRS radio for communications, but if you do not have a radio, it is no big deal
  • Normal offroad tools & equipment
I will cap this ride at 14 rigs because any more than that becomes unwieldy on the trail as traffic goes both directions.
  1. Nacho (Lead)
  2. neinoIII
  3. SaintedDrew
  4. OneArmedSaint
  5. Kixster
  6. Blink9cd
  7. Dubv09
  8. STP72
  9. ARobertson
  10. KO4MBF
  11. DSM
  12. CORY
  13. Big Joe
  14. W4V3
  15. Damtall55(Tail)

View attachment 3954
Any idea when we will be off the trail at the end of the ride? Trying to plan my evening. Thx

Scott, since this is an "easy" ride, are we allowed to have guests in our passenger seat that aren't members of NOVA Jeepers? I was thinking about bringing my in-law Charlie. Let me know if this is okay or if I have to file a waiver or something. Thanks!

Any idea when we will be off the trail at the end of the ride? Trying to plan my evening. Thx

It is hard to say with a large group and not knowing what could/will happen on trails. My guess would be early afternoon maybe 3-ish...but really that could vary.

Back