Peters Mill (Jeep BoH ride)

Added to Calendar: 04-16-22

Nacho

Member 2024
VA4WDA
Welcome to Spring!

On April 16, Northern VA Jeepers Association will be leading a new-to-Jeeping/Badge of Honor trail ride to Peters Mill. Peters Mill Run is managed by the US Forest Service and one of Jeep’s Badge of Honor trails. If you are not familiar with the BoH program, it is a program where Jeep will give you a free badge for conquering certain trails. For more information, click here.

The trail is a perfect place for new Jeepers to get out and drive on some dirt while going over a few rocky areas and through a little mud. There are some great photo spots and we will enjoy lunch on the trail.

This ride will include a new to Jeeping brief before we get started and folks will be on hand to answer any questions new Jeepers may have. It is family friendly and should be a great time for all.

I expect this ride to fill up but am going to give members a short advantage to sign up (will move to public forum on 3/28). If you are an experienced off-roader, you may want to give some “newbies” a chance as I will be going over some basic how-to’s and will be a pretty slow ride.

Details:
  • Date: Saturday, April 16, 2022
  • Time: 9:00am
  • Rally Point: 7/11 in Woodstock where each vehicle will be required to purchase a $5 day pass for the trail.
  • The address for 7-11 is 340 W Reservoir Rd, Woodstock, VA 22664
Required Equipment:
  • Not too much required for this ride other than a Jeep with 4WD in good working order
  • Some snacks and lunch
  • A good attitude
Optional Equipment:
  • GMRS Radio- I will use GMRS radio for communications, but if you do not have a radio, it is no big deal
  • Normal offroad tools & equipment
I will cap this ride at 14 rigs because any more than that becomes unwieldy on the trail as traffic goes both directions.
  1. Nacho (Lead)
  2. neinoIII
  3. SaintedDrew
  4. OneArmedSaint
  5. Kixster
  6. Blink9cd
  7. Dubv09
  8. STP72
  9. ARobertson
  10. KO4MBF
  11. DSM
  12. CORY
  13. Big Joe
  14. W4V3

PM_Lake.jpg

Last edited:
Peter's mill is fun trail and doable for jeeps of all levels. I saw a renegade on I-95 with the badge:
IMG_9133.jpeg

Just watch out for snakes, I wasn't paying close enough attention and ran this guy over. He wasn't very happy after being squished:
IMG_2862.jpeg

I hope you guys have a great time!

That is crazy....I have never seen anything like that there and that is a big snake... 🐍

Always good to remember these guys are there when we are out in the woods.

I'll wait to jump in to give new folks and non-members a chance to get in but I'll be available if needed to bring up the rear or middle support.

I'll wait to jump in to give new folks and non-members a chance to get in but I'll be available if needed to bring up the rear or middle support.
Thanks Joe,
How bout I put you on the list as I want to have at least a few experienced folks (as I have learned at Peters Mill in the past).

Hey Scott, I would love to do Peters Mill again! I will even tail for you! I should have a new Midland GMRS radio by then to replace my CB and Midland handheld (I will keep for rides).

Feel free to add me to the standby list and will join if space becomes available.

Please count me in for the ride. Haven't been out with NVJA yet and look forward to meeting some folks before W4H.

Back