Peters Mill 12/11 or 12/18

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5443838.pdf

On the color map it looks like both are marked ATV trails but we all saw the OHV sign on the trees.

Those maps are terrible. The paper map doesn't look like it printed very well vs. the online map. For the map on the website, I do not understand why you would color code the map, but not the legend and then have 2 different colors with the same line style. That said, if the blaze was at the intersection of 433 and 474, it could be that they marked it in a confusing spot or it was meant to let those coming off 474 that they were hitting an OHV trail at 433. The map is clear that 474 it's ATV Difficult, but it sounds like the trail markings caused confusion. Maybe something that needs to be brought up to the Rangers if it's not clear.

Jeep Freak said:
Those maps are terrible. The paper map doesn't look like it printed very well vs. the online map. For the map on the website, I do not understand why you would color code the map, but not the legend and then have 2 different colors with the same line style. That said, if the blaze was at the intersection of 433 and 474, it could be that they marked it in a confusing spot or it was meant to let those coming off 474 that they were hitting an OHV trail at 433. The map is clear that 474 it's ATV Difficult, but it sounds like the trail markings caused confusion. Maybe something that needs to be brought up to the Rangers if it's not clear.

Agree with this 100%...I will try to reach out this week.

For those following the side trail news, we were on Peter's Mill again on 12/18.
Where 457 connects to Peter's Mill had double orange "v's" on either side of the trail.
Where 474 heads up hill the trial is clearly marked OHV now.

Back