Off-road Trip

Hi Everyone,

I am coming back to the Jeep World and my son-in-law has a Jeep that is built up a little. We would like to take it off-road for his first time. Below are the dates that we would be able to go.
I have been to Rausch Creek but we are open to going any place to give him experience and see what his Jeep is capable of.
Friday July 15 and 16
Friday July 29 and 30
August 12 and 13
August 26 and 27

If any one is able and willing to take us and provide us some knowledge on any of the above dates please let know.

Thank you
Scott

Petersmill and Flagpole are good rides for first timers and a good bit closer and cheaper than running up to Rausch.
They won't really show you what you're jeep is capable of but it takes a good bit of seat time off road to really get the jeep into showing how capable it is.

Do you know what the cost is for Petersburg Mill Run? Also if we go out by ourselves will other Jeepers allow us to join their group?

Another question, besides my son-in-laws Jeep which is lifted and has a winch if I were to take my Jeep as well which is a stock 2018 JLU. I do have 33” all terrain tires. Would mine be able to do these trails?

I think Peters Mill is $5. it's been a while since i was there. i forget where you can buy a pass.
Both trails are very stock jeep friendly but expect some trail pin striping at least on Flagpole. The trail can get a bit tight on the one end.
I might be free on the 16th of july.

Camp Heep is coming up in August, that would be a great event to go to and experience some trails.

Also Keep an eye out in the trail rides section. there are always folks heading out to various destinations.

A little late to the party, there are Jeep Jamborees all over the country. Do a quick google search to see what is available and when.

If the Red Jeep is finished we are looking to do a shake down run the weekend of 20 august at Rausch. The thinking is a Friday thru Sunday event camping at the park. (There are hotels near by). We ( the club) just did a badge of honor run there with a stock Willys edition and a Grand Cherokee on street tires. Yes they all did the Red trail Crawl daddy along with some others fun trails. ( look up the run in the trail rides section there are some good vids and pictures)

Lastly, with a little google research, you can see what is available around the area. Some places are:
  1. Rausch Creek (Private)
  2. AoAA (Private)
  3. Chaos off road park (Private)
  4. The Cove ( Private)
  5. Peters Mill (NFS)
  6. Flag pole trail (NFS)
  7. Second mountain (NFS)
  8. Bald Mountain (NFS)
  9. UWharrie ( North Carolina)
  10. WInd Rock (Tennessee)
  11. Burning Rock ( West Virginia)
This is not an all encompassing list but it does offer a variety of destinations from 3-8 hours away.

Cheers

Thank you for the information. I have looked on the calendar and wasn’t able to open it, it said I didn’t have permission.

I will keep an eye on the Camp Heap trip, as well as any other trips folks are going on.

If you get you Jeep ready and do go to Rausch we would love to go.

Reactions: R3
Thank you for the information. I have looked on the calendar and wasn’t able to open it, it said I didn’t have permission.

I will keep an eye on the Camp Heap trip, as well as any other trips folks are going on.

You don't have permission because it looks like you are just a forum user and not actually a NOVAJeeper member yet.
once you pay to become a member you will get the green member bar under your screen name and the member's areas of the forum will be accessible to you. FYI the Camp Heep event is for paid members.

You don't have permission because it looks like you are just a forum user and not actually a NOVAJeeper member yet.
once you pay to become a member you will get the green member bar under your screen name and the member's areas of the forum will be accessible to you. FYI the Camp Heep event is for paid members.
How do I become a paid member?

You are welcome to join us in August. Check out the trail rides section

I think Peters Mill is $5. it's been a while since i was there. i forget where you can buy a pass.
Both trails are very stock jeep friendly but expect some trail pin striping at least on Flagpole. The trail can get a bit tight on the one end.
I might be free on the 16th of july.
Do you know if you are going to Peters Mill this Saturday?

Back