New Member from RDP Maryland

Tall_J

New Forum User
Hey All! :jw

I wanted to introduce myself! I'm Justin and currently live on the Maryland side of the madness in Riverdale Park (close to College Park). I got back into offroading in 2019 after I bought a 2011 WK2 from my dad.

I decided at that point, to throw caution to the wind, and do a super mild build to it (skids, sliders, BFG KO2s) and take to EJS! After that point, the bug came back big time. I went to the Bantam Jeep Festival in Butler, PA last summer and also went up for the Fall Fest in October. I've already gotten close to my peak capabilities for my WK2. It only has a single speed transfer case, so I don't want to lift it because, well, to be honest, its capped.

So, to get into it a little more, I recently bought an 02 WJ Limited with the 4.7. This is my 3rd WJ, so I must be absolutely insane..... Anyway, my plans for this is to put a 4in IRO lift on, do a 242HD transfer case swap, armor (slides, upgraded high-clearance skids), and front and rear steel bumpers. All in hopes of getting back to Moab next year. I was about to pull the trigger on the lift, but I'm 99% sure I have a failing head gasket. That will be priority number 1, which I'm probably going to tackle myself. o_O

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you all and going on local outings!

Greetings! I am in Silver Spring and have a '99 WJ Limited 4.7 on a recently installed 3" IRO lift.

If you want any moral support when you tackle the head gasket let me know. 😆

Thanks everyone! I'm excited to meet yall. I need to see if I'm free the weekend of the show and shine, but I think I may be camping then.

@STP72 I'll definitely take all the moral support I can get. :LOL::ROFLMAO: And beer. Definitely beer.

Welcome, Justin! My husband and I caught the bug at EJS a few years ago as well, and we have a group planning to go out next spring. Stay tuned!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm excited to meet everyone!

@WNDR-XJ Definitely keep me updated. I hopefully will have the WJ done by then and ready for a cross country trip. I'm going to try to convince my friend Matt who has a KL to come again too.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm excited to meet everyone!

@WNDR-XJ Definitely keep me updated. I hopefully will have the WJ done by then and ready for a cross country trip. I'm going to try to convince my friend Matt who has a KL to come again too.
Will do! We'll be creating an official thread in the trail rides section in the next few weeks. I used to have a KL as well - they're far more capable than most people give them credit for.

Will do! We'll be creating an official thread in the trail rides section in the next few weeks. I used to have a KL as well - they're far more capable than most people give them credit for.
Awesome! I will keep an eye out for it.

And I fully agree! His KL is, in a lot of ways, more capable than my WK2. At Bantam, he was much more nimble on the obstacle course and he was able to scoot through the trails a bit better. Here are a couple pictures of us in action out in Moab.

Back