New Jeeper in Ashburn Va

I bought my 17 year old grandson a 2017 Rubicon hardtop and would like to find a place close just to get him started and get a little dirty.

Nice. Legal places are not that close. Peter’s Mill is about 1.5 hours away. Flagpole is a little further. Those are good places to get started.

Be sure to come out to the Show and Shine event in Warrenton on May 21.

And Welcome. I am in Ashburn as well.

Nice. Legal places are not that close. Peter’s Mill is about 1.5 hours away. Flagpole is a little further. Those are good places to get started.

Be sure to come out to the Show and Shine event in Warrenton on May 21.

And Welcome. I am in Ashburn as well.
Thanks. Do those places have just open trails or are they only open during events?

Thanks. Do those places have just open trails or are they only open during events?
They are open. Peter’s Mill requires an entrance fee payable art some shop nearby. I don’t have details, but I am sure it is easy to find or someone here will know the answers.

I like Rausch Creek up in PA, as it offers trails from beginner/stock friendly to full on buggy stuff. We hold our annual Camp Heep event there each summer. Be sure to check that out as well.

:jw
Welcome aboard from Woodbridge. A lot of friendly and helpful folks here in the club. I would second Dain's suggestion of Peters Mill for a first time trail. The daily pass is $5.

Make sure he goes with someone. many of the trails here in VA are without phone signal and it is never a good idea to go Jeeping alone. Any time he is interested in going, he can likely post in our trail rides section and find people looking to go for the day.

Come out to the Show & Shine in a couple week and you and he can make tons of new jeep friends!

Have fun!!

:jw
Welcome aboard from Woodbridge. A lot of friendly and helpful folks here in the club. I would second Dain's suggestion of Peters Mill for a first time trail. The daily pass is $5.

Make sure he goes with someone. many of the trails here in VA are without phone signal and it is never a good idea to go Jeeping alone. Any time he is interested in going, he can likely post in our trail rides section and find people looking to go for the day.

Come out to the Show & Shine in a couple week and you and he can make tons of new jeep friends!

Have fun!!
Thanks Naco. I would most likely go with him at least for first few times.

welcome from Ashburn. never hesitate to reach out and ask questions. this is a great group.

Welcome from Waynesboro. Bald mountain is a fairly easy trail off the blue ridge parkway or coal road it’s free and stock Jeep friendly. I am off Tuesday-Fri and always down to hit the trails if you want company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from just down the road in Sterling! I got my first Jeep at 17 too...got hooked :jw

Back