Multi-club swap meet ??????,2023 UPDATE

Added to Calendar: 04-29-23

OneArmedSaint

Member 2024
**IN TALKS WSITH BULLRUN 4X4 AND SOME OTHER ORGANIZERS, THE DATE IS MOVING AROUND DUE TO SLOW INTEREST. So please be patient with updates. Tentatively June17
I asked about doing this elsewhere on the forum, @Nacho seemed to like the idea so let me get it organized. With a few contacts through him for Off Camber Crawlers and others, I'm going to start nailing down some details.
Bull Run 4x4 chimed in about using their area to host, I'll confirm.
With Wheeling for Hope on 22-23rd I figured 29th will get us into semi-warm weather and avoid conflict.
The goal is to let folks bring all those accumulated Jeep related treasures and fine things into one location so your junk may become someone else's jackpot.:giggle:
As we get closer and details get confirmed, I'll try to add a list of interested NovaJeepers to the post. Good chance to come out of hibernation, make some $, spend some $ and hang out.

Last edited:
thanks Joe....great idea and look forward to it. I know I have a lot of gently used "stuff" in my garage.

Quick update on this event. I got email from Mike Miller at BullRun 4x4, he's really putting in some work on this and it looks to be big. He's got OCC and Black Goat on board and is lining up food trucks etc.
So it looks like this inaugural event may turn into a pretty major club get together which I feel really brings together the Jeep community.

In my response to Mike, I suggested a 9 or 10 a.m. start but as it is on his property, I'll allow him to make that call.
So start rounding up all your new/used/abused/ugly/forlorn parts etc and go make some $$ which you can use to buy someone else's junk!!! Woohoo!!!

-Joe

Its good to see this event return after many years of hiatus. Have you thought about reaching out to some of the Maryland groups also? Back in the day it was OCC, NoVa and Maryland Creepers (The same three from early Camp Heep days), and open for others to come as well.

Its good to see this event return after many years of hiatus. Have you thought about reaching out to some of the Maryland groups also? Back in the day it was OCC, NoVa and Maryland Creepers (The same three from early Camp Heep days), and open for others to come as well.
OCC is on board. Reached out to Capitol Off Road Enthusiasts, no response.

Quick update on this event. I got email from Mike Miller at BullRun 4x4, he's really putting in some work on this and it looks to be big. He's got OCC and Black Goat on board and is lining up food trucks etc.
So it looks like this inaugural event may turn into a pretty major club get together which I feel really brings together the Jeep community.

In my response to Mike, I suggested a 9 or 10 a.m. start but as it is on his property, I'll allow him to make that call.
So start rounding up all your new/used/abused/ugly/forlorn parts etc and go make some $$ which you can use to buy someone else's junk!!! Woohoo!!!

-Joe
Excellent work Joe. Thank you for taking the lead and making this happen. I have spoken to Jim Jones (OCC President) a few times and know he has been talking it up at their meetings.

I'm guessing this it:

I'm guessing this it:

Glad to see the first ads are coming out. It all came together better than I expected. Hats off to BR4x4for providing space.
Headed to signup now

That is my understanding from several different sources.

We would probably should have kept it in house and not outsourced it as a fun raiser. Somethings are just better when kept simple.
I just heard this last night as well. Was really bummed to hear as it is always easier to keep things in-house, but nice to have a big collaborative effort.
Anyway, I had someone reach out last night who is trying to still make it happen (new location). I will post updates as soon as I can.

I think the collaboration should stick at the club level, maybe each club snag a few things they are going to do and run with it. I might just be a little old school with things, but simple works.

Got a message this morning that they are trying to nail down hosting at another shop (OCD). I think there is going to be a food truck and will provide updates as I hear them.

Joe,
Have you thougth of doing this at a Jeep dealership? Room and advertising for them.

More than happy to make some calls or “drive by’s” to see if any dealerships night be interested.

Back