Memorial day weekend ride Uwhurrie 27-29 May

Added to Calendar: 05-27-23, 05-28-23, 05-29-23

We bought our passes at "The Eldorado Outpost" Which is the closest thing to the campground for just about any of the normal supplies you might need as well., and quite a few supplies and oddities you don't need to:)

• Haha
Reactions: R3
Sounds good , next question is fuel availability?

Eldorado outpost had a couple pumps. Price is a bit higher, so I’d fill up when you exit the highway onto 109. I topped off at the outpost when I got my passes.
Since I trailered the Bronco, it was full when I arrived last year, I did have to fill the JKU up at Eldorado on the second day of wheeling, but it wasn't horrible, And the tow pig I made sure I had a full tank before arrival at the park.

This year I'll be trailering both rigs, so I'll make sure to have full tanks on arrival...

Adam et.al,

Looks like the venue has changed to Uwharrie National forest.

Departing NoVa Friday for Arrowhead camp ground in NC. Please make you own reservations. Red Jeep has spot 21. Arrive Friday depart Monday. Do not wait to make reservation as the holiday weekend is expected to be busy.

Be happy to convoy with any that would like.

Trails, Like to do some of the challenging trails as a group will coordinate with Zuke. I understand that a trail pass is required. Need to find out more info on that. Where and how much.

From what I understand the park is small and two days we can cover most if not all of the trails.

Anythign else please PM me.

cheers
Rob.
Thanks for the info. I’ll begin some research and check the in house schedule.

If anyone wants a link to an excellent VRBO house on a lake a few miles from the outpost, let me know. My family and I rented the house when we were there with @CookieMonster

Daniel is an awesome trail!

I'm a strong maybe. Camping has become difficult/impossible for me, setup etc. So I may end up bedding down in town but would love to hit Dickey Bell on Saturday and others. Gonna firm up my commitment as we get closer. Thanks for setting this up Rob.

I'm a strong maybe. Camping has become difficult/impossible for me, setup etc. So I may end up bedding down in town but would love to hit Dickey Bell on Saturday and others. Gonna firm up my commitment as we get closer. Thanks for setting this up Rob.
Brother if you need a hand setting up we stand ready to help. Check with @Jeepin_Donnie about a VRBO spot. Welcome aboard sir.

Ditto on what Rob said, Joe. If I'm there (very good possibility and most likely) and you wanna experience the good old outdoors camping, no worries mate. I'll even bring an extra tent if you don't still have one.

For those "thinking" or in the "likely" catagory, make you camping reservations soon. Remember this is Memorial Day Weekend and the camp ground is likely to fill up pretty fast.

I appreciate Matt and Rob offering to help me setup camp but I'm gonna stay at the Roadway Inn on the west edge of Troy. Quick dash up 109 and I can meetup for the day.
So go ahead and add me Rob, I'll probably have a 12 year old +1 as well.
Looking forward to it.

Back