Memorial day weekend ride Uwhurrie 27-29 May

Added to Calendar: 05-27-23, 05-28-23, 05-29-23

R3

Offroad Committee Lead
Trail Instructor
Member 2024
Blue Ribbon Coalition
VA4WDA
Early Post? Why yes it is thanks for asking. Red Jeep will under go some major suspension upgrades and I figure by Memorial day weekend I will have it all lined out and ready for a shake down run.

Plan: Three day weekend run. Run trail from Green to Red and anything in between.

Lodging: I Plan on Camping.

Requirements:
- Rig in good working order
- Tools, you regular pack up and any specialized for you rig.
- full size spare
- First Aid and Fire extinguisher
- Recovery gear

0800 Drivers meeting each day and then hit the trails shortly there after.

Lunch on the trail I will bring an assortment of hot lunches with some to share feel free to coordinate and share you own specialties.

Dinner back in camp pot luck style

Nice to haves:
Lockers front rear
Winch
lift and skids

Lead R3 (Aka Red Jeep)
2) 3Volve
3) JustOnlyMe
4) Tally Ho
5) mikeywillys
6)zuke
7) JBjeeper
8) OneArmedSaint
9)
tail )Rattletrap55

Last edited:
I am hoping that all the mods on the Jeep come together in time to support my own ride. lol

Isn't this the same weekend as the Show and Shine? According to the calendar that Nacho put out, S&S is Saturday, May 27th.

Early Post? Why yes it is thanks for asking. Red Jeep will under go some major suspension upgrades and I figure by Memorial day weekend I will have it all lined out and ready for a shake down run.

Plan: Three day weekend run between AoAA and Rausch Creek. 27-29 May. Run trail from Green to Red and anything in between I have a bone to pick with Barney Rubble at AoAA and this time I am not getting drug back to the parking lot ( Fingers crossed). Travel up on Friday and back on Tuesday ( might rethink the RTN date). This give us three whole days of wheeling fun and camping.

Lodging: I Plan on Camping both sites have camp grounds Rausch is rather primitive AoAA more orginized but I have not stayed there before.

Requirements:
- Rig in good working order
- Tools, you regular pack up and any specilized for you rig.
- full size spare
- First Aid and Fire extingusher
- Recovery gear

0800 Drivers meeting each day and then hit the trails shortly there after.

Lunch on the trail I will bring an assortment of hot lunches with some to share feel free to coordinate and share you own specialties.

Dinner back in camp pot luck style

Nice to haves:
Lockers front rear
Winch
lift and skids

Last edited:
Ladies and gents,
This thread is for a ride on memorial day weekend. If you are or want to come please sign up.

I am not concerned for events that are not established or possible conflics. This is a 3 day ride and looking forward to hitting the trails with all who come along.

As to discussion on club events, please feel free to continue that discussion is a relevant thread outside of this post.

Thanks

There is a chance this might change to a Uwharrie trip. It is still aways out. Who would be interested in changing the venue?

I am in.

Unfortunately, I'm doing that trip a couple weeks later, which may make this trip a question for me, so please don't let me stop it.

Reactions: R3
Looks like. Friday thru Monday. Camping at Arrowhead campground.

I’m interested. Would like to hear more details if it moves forward.
Adam et.al,

Looks like the venue has changed to Uwharrie National forest.

Departing NoVa Friday for Arrowhead camp ground in NC. Please make you own reservations. Red Jeep has spot 21. Arrive Friday depart Monday. Do not wait to make reservation as the holiday weekend is expected to be busy.

Be happy to convoy with any that would like.

Trails, Like to do some of the challenging trails as a group will coordinate with Zuke. I understand that a trail pass is required. Need to find out more info on that. Where and how much.

From what I understand the park is small and two days we can cover most if not all of the trails.

Anythign else please PM me.

cheers
Rob.

Rob,

Let me know if you have an questions about Uwharrie. We were down there April 2022. Here is the ride thread with some info: https://forum.novajeepers.com/index.php?threads/uwharrie-spring-break-april-9-12.33623/

Some notes:
  • Dickey Bell is the only badge trail.
    • Running it from Art Lilly/Falls Dam up to Rocky Mount has you going up the rocks on the hill.
    • There are some sharp rocks, the stock jku with us blew out a street tire on the hill climb
  • Daniel is the hardest trail, specifically the "backside of Daniel" (Gatekeeper near cotton place to the top of the 3 path hill climb).
    • The Backside of daniel is the only section a stock jku can't do. Everything else has an easier line available.
    • There is a fairly wide area at the top of the backside where you can watch people making their attempts up the hill.
  • Dutch John was regraded a few years back and removed almost all of the difficulty, this trail would only be hard if it was very wet. Driving it dry, I'd call it a green.
  • We easily covered everything in two days, but traffic was light (Sunday/Monday). I've heard there can be a lot of SxS's on the weekends.
We had a youtuber with us the second day for Daniel, if you want to check out the video:

I hope you guys have a great trip

Back