Machine Shop Recommendations

Happy new year!
I'm looking for machine shops / engine builders for the AMC360 I'm putting together for my CJ. So far I've called B's Engine and Machine in Culpepper and they're booked until March. I've also been told to reach out to Rockville Ring and Bearing, which I plan to call this coming week.

Any other rec's I should reach out to?

Happy new year!
I'm looking for machine shops / engine builders for the AMC360 I'm putting together for my CJ. So far I've called B's Engine and Machine in Culpepper and they're booked until March. I've also been told to reach out to Rockville Ring and Bearing, which I plan to call this coming week.

Any other rec's I should reach out to?
Checkout The Restoration Shop, In Stafford, Ralph is one of the best in the Industry!

Reach out to Classic Motors and Machine in Leesburg. Evan knows his Jeeps and has worked on 2 heads for my motors (4.0 and a flathead 134) and just worked on my son’s motor for his 1JZ swap (into a BMW heaven forbid).

540440B9-065D-4228-9BCA-19363226FFEB.jpeg

Reach out to Classic Motors and Machine in Leesburg. Evan knows his Jeeps and has worked on 2 heads for my motors (4.0 and a flathead 134) and just worked on my son’s motor for his 1JZ swap (into a BMW heaven forbid).

View attachment 5785

What kind of Bimmer? I’m new to Jeeps, but have been auto crossing my bmw for years.

I’m going to note that shop too. I have some machining work I need for a twin screw SC I’ve rebuilt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What kind of Bimmer? I’m new to Jeeps, but have been auto crossing my bmw for years.

I’m going to note that shop too. I have some machining work I need for a twin screw SC I’ve rebuilt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This one is a 1990 e30. It had a 328 mototr already in it, but he yanked it out and sold it.
He also sold a 1995 e36 that started life as a 318 auto but had an M3 drivetrain swapped in, including the manual trans and the axle. He sold that to help fund this 1JZ swap.

Nice. Mine is an E36M3 in Estoril blue. It’s been my long term project and has about 65k on the clock. My neighbor says that she is gong to get jealous because of the time I’ve been spending on the XJ. Lol.

If he’s swapped in an S52, he probably has an intake. But if he needs one, I have an AFe gathering dust he could have. The interior diameter of the pipe is a slightly too small for my HFM but it flows great.

Add C&C Auto Performance in Manassas to the machine shop list. They're an old school type shop and have been around for years. I've used them for head rebuilds. They do all types of engine work. I used to buy racing fuel from them years ago (they still sell it).

Spoke to both Ralph and Evan, both are very knowledgeable and humble and took the time to talk through the process with someone as ignorant to the process as me.
I dropped the block and heads off with Evan this morning, I ultimately decided on him based on his quoted turnaround time. Man he has some good looking projects in his yard, wish I had taken a picture!

Back