glock 43 wanted

dave2002ti said:
Clifford04X said:
Glocks go Bang! every single time. Out of all my pistols I keep a Glock 23 in the night stand. A Walther?!? what a horrible choice that would be. Don't take gun advise from someone who bought a gun based how it felt in his hand.  The 43 is an awesome carry piece.

Poor little delusional Glock fan boy!  Walthers go bang every time and have better triggers than Glocks.

I know someone who has a 43 for sale. I check and see if it still available.  She does require a very stringent background check. Stricter than just CCW permit or a FBI check.

And she is getting rid of her 43 cause she got a Sig 320C. 

Dave Apker

thank you for the offer dave, However it is unnecessary. With your adversarial tone in this entire thread and requiring more than the law does in background we will not be purchasing from you or your friends. I'm all for a little off topic especially in the gun side. But you're down right confrontational.

Love my 43, I also have the mag extensions for +2 making it a 9 round pistol in a single stack format. I shoot this better than I did my 26 and its much easier to conceal on me. Buy a set of sights, and you're good to go. I am upgrading the trigger to a 3.5lb soon, but other than that I have zero complaints.

cwkann said:
Every Walther I have ever owned or used had a terrible trigger.  As for your personal hand feel and your opinion on which is better made is just that, opinion.  Because it may fit your hand better doesn't mean it will fit his wife's.  She has shot and as made the decision on the 43.  I don't understand why it would matter to you. 
I happen to love all my Walthers. Great triggers, great engineering, great quality but I feel more comfortable with a Glock or a S&W J or K frame wheel gun on my hip. As far as Walther triggers, they just need some TLC. They are also bigger and heavier than the Glock counter part. The biggest reason for me to carry a Glock is customization and durability. Throw your Glock across the yard, drop it in the mud, drop it off the roof, throw it into the river, you can do just about anything to a Glock and it will still go bang. Every Walther I've ever had has been picky about what ammo I use in it, my Glocks just don't seem to care. A must upgrade however for any Glock is adjustable sights (Factory adjustable are just fine), Ghost disconnector, extended slide release, extended take down release, and possibly a lone wolf barrel if you are going to target shoot with it. You can improve on Glock perfection. As far as most shooting other than carry, I still love my big S&W wheel guns and 1911s. Although my Colt commander is about the same general size as my g30 and is a lot more accurate but at less than 7 yards for self defense who needs the extra accuracy? I'd rather have more rounds and reliability. Bottom line, for concealed carry, get the Glock, you can't go wrong. The only alternative to the g43 I would consider is maybe a Lady Smith.

dave2002ti said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=othC_SGmEt4

thank you for stating your opinion once again dave. However that is not a gun that she is looking for. the thread in question was to look for a particular gun that shes shot, that shes comfortable with and she enjoys, not to look at other models.

He didn't ask for counter opinions or recommendations, he asked if anyone had one for sale. Please keep it in line with that.

If you'd like to discuss one model/brand vs. another, please start a thread of your own.

zimm said:
OP doesn't want a Walther. Get over it. Why not get one on gun broker and mail order it to a ffl?

I will most likley go that rout, but wanted to check see if anyone had one cheap and local first.

Another good place to look is the gun show ( I believe that there is on in Fredericksburg this coming weekend). I have bought most of my guns at the gun show and have even gone to the booths of store that I have bought from from their real store and have got even better prices. They are there to sell guns and will make some good deals. You may even find a person selling one there. I bought my wife's 42 at the show.

Tim

doctag1979 said:
Another good place to look is the gun show ( I believe that there is on in Fredericksburg this coming weekend). I have bought most of my guns at the gun show and have even gone to the booths of store that I have bought from from their real store and have got even better prices. They are there to sell guns and will make some good deals. You may even find a person selling one there. I bought my wife's 42 at the show.

Tim

gonna try to hit the one this weekend and I believe next is the expo center in dulles too!

Back