Easter Jeep Safari 2023

Added to Calendar: 08-13-22

I am in. Staying at Homewood Suits on Main Street. I will fly into Grand Junction on Friday, March 31 and wheel Saturday thru Friday, April 7. My Jeep will go via transport and be dropped off at Twisted Jeep in Moab. Below is Trail ‘Wish List.’

Saturday - Hell’s Revenge
Sunday - Top of the World
Monday - Poison Spider + Where Eagles Dare
Tuesday - Kane Creek
Wednesday - Steel Bender
Thursday - Rusty Nail
Friday - Pritchett Canyon

Chuck
Got you added to the list!

I am going to be at Rausch Creek on Sunday so won‘t make the meeting. I am definitely in for EJS 2023. Need to secure a transport out to Moab for the Jeep but everything else (beside registration) is complete. Keep me updated on the EJS discussions.

Chuck

The 2023 signup grid was released on RR4WD site today. Here it is for your planning
It appears to be exactly like last years which we used for our wish lists
2023grid.png

Sadly I won't be attending EJS this year. I am super excited to see all of your pictures. And I hope to visit Moab in the next couple of years.

Quick followup, @WNDR-XJ, @OneArmedSaint, and @Matanzas and I all had a impromptu EJS meeting during the Club meeting. Mostly talked out everyone's individual plans to make it out to Utah. As of now everyone in attendance was planning to drive or trailer their own vehicle out there.

Red Rock 4 wheelers has published their annual magazine, which can be found here: https://www.rr4w.com/jeep-safari-mag-flip.cfm No major surprises except for the removal of Kane Creek which was on our to do list - so we will be picking an alternate trail.

Additionally we discussed the various places people will be staying for the week, @WNDR-XJ and I offered to cook dinner one of the nights as we will have a small VRBO that should be able to accommodate everyone.

Finally reminder that January 19th is registration day, everyone should be pre-registered with Red Rock 4 Wheelers and have their vehicle profile up to date.

Here are the trails I am going for: Sat-Hotel Rock; Sun-Jax Trax; Mon-Porcupine Rim; Tue-Wipeout Hill; Wed-Behind the Rocks; Thu-Black Dragon

I got all mine as well.
Sarah and I discussed the new restrictions on Elephant Hill.
I guess in discussions between BLM/National Park Service and Red Rock, they restricted number of vehicles per day but most importantly, max wheelbase is 116" !!
That leaves 2-doors and JKUs only since the JLU is 118.5, and from what I gather in discussion groups, if your registered vehicle on RR4WD is JL or JT, you couldn't complete registertration for Elephant Hill.
Sadly, I see land use issues closing/restricting more and more trails in the coming years.

I got all mine as well.
Sarah and I discussed the new restrictions on Elephant Hill.
I guess in discussions between BLM/National Park Service and Red Rock, they restricted number of vehicles per day but most importantly, max wheelbase is 116" !!
That leaves 2-doors and JKUs only since the JLU is 118.5, and from what I gather in discussion groups, if your registered vehicle on RR4WD is JL or JT, you couldn't complete registertration for Elephant Hill.
Sadly, I see land use issues closing/restricting more and more trails in the coming years.
wheelbase? I wonder why - width would be the issue on that trail (devil's pocket)

Got all my requested trails except Pritchett Canyon on Friday. On the Wait List and am registered for Cliff Hanger on Friday just in case.

Any recommendations on a Jeep transport to Moab?

Back