Easter Jeep Safari 2023

Added to Calendar: 08-13-22

Are people planing on going the full 9 days?

Does everyone sign up for the official EJS trail rides, or do they make their own groups?

I’d love to max out the number of trails I can hit given the time and money required to get there. I’m just not sure the official rides are efficient. Waiting for 30-40 Jeeps to cross and obstacle sounds like a lot of waiting. And wheeling with randos is always a gamble. But it feels like you need to do one or two official rides for the experience.

Thoughts?

Are people planing on going the full 9 days?

Does everyone sign up for the official EJS trail rides, or do they make their own groups?

I’d love to max out the number of trails I can hit given the time and money required to get there. I’m just not sure the official rides are efficient. Waiting for 30-40 Jeeps to cross and obstacle sounds like a lot of waiting. And wheeling with randos is always a gamble. But it feels like you need to do one or two official rides for the experience.

Thoughts?
Speaking for myself, and I think most are on the same page, the benefit to EJS is that RedRock Four Wheelers runs it and provides spotters that live there, they keep things moving and provide a lot of other resources. Yes there are lots of folks there but each trail on each day is listed to group size. If the sign up grid looks like this years, I'm only going for 6 days to run the trails I want. However, if sign up doesn't workout in my favor I'll stay all 9 days. Yes, its expensive. In 2006 I spent almost $5k getting there, food, lodging, trail signup etc. You're always welcome to run trails on days RR4W isn't running EJS groups. The sign up grid shows those days. If you do plan to go, remember to pay for an associate membership ($50) ahead of time to get first shot at signups. Also, most area hotels, motels are already booked. I booked in February. Biggest cost is getting there.

Is the planning group here on the forum, or outside?
There is an EJS thread in Member Only ride section. I believe Sarah (WNDR-XJ) was going to combine the threads. We aren't, so far as I know, planning as a group trip per say but instead sharing tips, ideas etc as well as transport ideas.

-Joe

I’ve done this trip twice. Once for a Jamboree and once for a solo trip. Third time I flew in and rented, lolz.

In a lifted/modded Jeep, it’s a hard, HARD drive. I respect anyone who’s done that round trip. Sorta the equivalent of earning your “ironbutt“ status as a biker.

Hells Revenge, Fins n’ Things, Poison Spider and Golden Spike are my favorites. everyone should make it out there at least once.

Easter Jeep Safari 2023 is a mere 250 days away. @WNDR-XJ and I are thinking of holding a mini planning virtual meeting on August 13 or 14th for anyone interested in discussing logistics / trails / sign-up process etc.

Any preferences on dates or time from the group?

I'm down for either day. I think its a great opportunity for those who've been, no matter when it was, to share tips.

I'm not sure where all the 8 or so members who've shown interest live, but I could host at my house in Nokesville (west Manassas). Either inside or outside by the pool. With beers and stuff. Just a thought.

Last edited:
How about Saturday afternoon? Say 2pm? We would need to have a virtual call - if we are lucky we will be down in Florida...

How about Saturday afternoon? Say 2pm? We would need to have a virtual call - if we are lucky we will be down in Florida...
Sounds good to me. I am quite literally a tech retard so may need guidance on how to hook up. I guess send invites to the others and we go from there. If virtual and scheduling gets to be a problem, I guess it could be really any day. I'll leave it in your very capable hands Sarah.

I am definitely planning on attending EJS 2023. I can’t make the proposed Teams Call but plan to ship my Jeep out to Moab, arrive on Friday, March 31 and leave Saturday, April 8. Would be great if someone could post Meeting Minutes of the discussions.

Chuck

I am definitely planning on attending EJS 2023. I can’t make the proposed Teams Call but plan to ship my Jeep out to Moab, arrive on Friday, March 31 and leave Saturday, April 8. Would be great if someone could post Meeting Minutes of the discussions.

Chuck
We will for sure take notes, and update the original post accordingly !

Updated the main post with new details discussed at yesterdays planning meeting!

Thanks for getting us organized! Please put me down for confirmed, driving, staying downtown, trails = 5s & 4s but not sure which ones yet.
I kept waiting for you jump into this motley crew of fools! We laid down some basic questions/info at our Saturday virtual meet. We'll have another probably November/December, but can always chat anytime.
Welcome!!!

-Joe

I kept waiting for you jump into this motley crew of fools! We laid down some basic questions/info at our Saturday virtual meet. We'll have another probably November/December, but can always chat anytime.
Welcome!!!

-Joe
Yes, I am thinking this is now an annual event for me. I spent 10 days there this year and feel like I still left so much on the table. 🤠

Yes, I am thinking this is now an annual event for me. I spent 10 days there this year and feel like I still left so much on the table. 🤠
Have you added to the list - if you want to send me your "hope for" schedule ill be happy to add it to the table!

I am in. Staying at Homewood Suits on Main Street. I will fly into Grand Junction on Friday, March 31 and wheel Saturday thru Friday, April 7. My Jeep will go via transport and be dropped off at Twisted Jeep in Moab. Below is Trail ‘Wish List.’

Saturday - Hell’s Revenge
Sunday - Top of the World
Monday - Poison Spider + Where Eagles Dare
Tuesday - Kane Creek
Wednesday - Steel Bender
Thursday - Rusty Nail
Friday - Pritchett Canyon

Chuck

Back