December trail run (PA)

Added to Calendar: 12-03-22, 12-04-22

That is some pile of parts! You are my hero when it comes to mods. Wow!
Offer stand if you need an extra set of hands give a shout.

You rock girl!

Red Jeep is heading up sometime on Friday. Looking at Diner at O'Neil's round 1800. If you are in town then come join me.

Current state of Maxy:

View attachment 5628View attachment 5629

Got the front end fixed and the death wobble should be gone (finally!). While I was under there, found that the front frame-side LCA bushings need to be replaced too :/

Couldn't find the right sized tubing for my new rear sway bar mount locally, so going to have to order that. Messed around with the lockers, but it looks like I just need to rewire them and get the computer out of the equation. Evidently there is a position sensor in there and if you don't re-install the diff the exact same way it came from the factory... the computer freaks out. Started unwrapping the wiring harness to get to everything and omg... this is going to be an electrical mess.

Anyway, I think I'm out for the rest of the month. So I'll go ahead and just get everything fixed while I'm at it and I might paint her blue too.

Incredible work! more pics of Maxy and build thread. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/practical-truck-for-the-over-prepared-woman.38771

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday. If anyone is up early Friday look for the Red Jeep at the comfort inn.

Running ch15 gmrs on the road

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday. If anyone is up early Friday look for the Red Jeep at the comfort inn.

Running ch15 gmrs on the road

The wife and I are staying at the Baymont motel. I’m not sure if we’ll be up early enough to make dinner. I’ll keep you posted if it looks like we can make it.

Do folks trailer to the playground or leave them at the motel?

The wife and I are staying at the Baymont motel. I’m not sure if we’ll be up early enough to make dinner. I’ll keep you posted if it looks like we can make it.

Do folks trailer to the playground or leave them at the motel?
You can trailer to Rausch several do. Lots of room to drop you rig and go play

Red Jeep is camping at the Comfort Inn...

Friday night wing at O'Neil's looking to be there around 1800.

0700 at the Pine Grove Diner for breakfast and then hit the park by 0800.

Please when you arrive check in first as it might take a minute. check here: https://www.rc4x4.org/faq for membership and waiver forms all riders need to check in, so if you wife/girlfriend/ husband is coming with please have them check in as well.

After all have check in and made ready their rigs for the trail we will head to the eastern side of the park and warm up on Trail F.

Bringing some smoked texas brisket chili for lunch feel free to sample as I will have enough for all to try, if you want to bring something else to share ( or not) feel free.

Safe travels.

Rob and Team - I will have to bow out this go around. My wife had a recent surgery and I need to stay close to home.

Reactions: R3
Best wishes to Sherry. Give her a hug for me.

Debbie and I are going to have to bow out... Work has kept me from getting everything ready to go, and it looks like I may actually have to work some over the weekend as well.

Sorry, I was looking forward to this run, too :(

• Sad
Weather forecast for the weekend in Pine Grove
34 degrees Friday night showers
Saturday high 54 low 25.... rain in the morning showers in the afternoon.
Sunday partly cloudy no rain high 45 .

The hard core crew will be there... No worries

i hate to add my cancelation too but we found out wife leaves in <2 weeks and we have stuff to do around the house/getting her shopping done.

Going to grab breakfast at the diner exit 100. 0700. Lots of parking for trailers rigs.

Wow what a great day. For those that missed it you.missed a great time.

Weather was drippy ..down right rainy at times but that did not slow this group down.

NE side of the park... Some blues, some blacks, and some reds... Devil's den... You want a challenge hang a wheel on that trail. Red Jeep straight up the buggy line... Yup got it stuck! Excellent team work pulling cable and spotting the Red Jeep got to the top. Least now I have a idea of what it can do.
The rest of the group took a more conservative approach.... Still very challenging but that is the fun of a group like this .

Lunch chili.... Yummy and a beach umbrella to keep the food dry.lol.
Made a run at outer limits... Halfway thru elected to tap out on the buggy line that was interesting. 500# rocks rolling under the Jeep as we descend...good news no avalanche!..

Right about 4...the sun graced us with it presence.

This was a great group. Adverse day weather wise but it did not dampen anyone spirits.

Tomorrow a half day of sunny(?) Fun. Think I'll let someone else lead🤔🤪

Back