December trail run (PA)

Added to Calendar: 12-03-22, 12-04-22

I have a brake booster and master if you need them. order before I realized I have a J8 spec installed. While the upgrade is nto required it is a good idea. why is that keeping you from upgrading just courious?

Sorry to hear that. You can ride with me if you like I have an extra seat right now..

If you are looking for a shop to do work try OCD or Chaos. I know chaos and they will treat you right. No BS.

Please add me to this run if you have room. I’ll run tail for you any day or any position for that matter.

There nothing quite like having your 10 year old coming to you all excited that she finally gets to test for her next belt in Tae Kwon Do. Until she hands you the piece of paper and the date is the same day you've been looking forward to for months. 12/3 at noon.

I was just about to ask if anyone wanted to go Friday too, until I see that my other daughter has her Winter Chorus concert Thursday until 9:00pm. :confused:

Hopefully I can catch the next one. Maybe something in January. I want to really test this new locker.

Hate when that happens. Family does trump playing.

January the Red Jeep get an upgrade to the 8 speeder..... so after sorting that out 2.5 kings are next (May) so not sure when the red Monster will get out again other than the teh EOY run.

Hope everyone is deep in preparations for turkey day. Just wanted to wish alla safe and happy Thanksgiving. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Rausch .

Cheers

I'm very interested, but don't you have to be a member of Rausch to run there?

Mike if you want to ride shotgun I am sure we have a seat two open for ya.

Cheers
Unfortunately I’m not going to be able to make this. P5160050 is keeping the axles from being installed and may never be in stock again. At this point I’m wishing I had traded in on a rubicon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike if you want to ride shotgun I am sure we have a seat two open for ya.

Cheers
Unfortunately I’m not going to be able to make this. P5160050 is keeping the axles from being installed and may never be in stock again. At this point I’m wishing I had traded in on a rubicon.

I took myself off the vacation list last week. I doubt I can get those days off again. I really appreciate the offer. I will be good to go in a few months when my axles get here. I hate to keep missing all the fun.

Reactions: R3
Morning and happy hump day.

The Red Jeep 2.0 passed it maiden voyage and now it is up and running. Looking at another weekend at Rausch. I have two passes that will expire this year and figure why not go back to play.

When: Dec 3/4
Where: Rausch Creek ORP Tremount PA.
Kick off: Check in opens at 0800. Short drivers meeting and them head out round 0830ish.

Details:
The usual detail apply.
- Working Jeep in good order. Make sure your heater is working.
- First aid and fire extinguisher
- Full Size spare.
- recovery gear. If you have a winch please op check it before the trip
- Tools what you need to keep you rig going. if you have special needs bring those tools.
- Comms are good Lead is UHF/VHF capable UHF ( GMRS) channel 5 462.6375 , VHF WXMAN 151.625.

Accommodations: unless it is going to be in the 70s+ I will be camping at one of the local hotels in Pine Grove (exit 100)

Weather: It is PA in Dec so I would expect cold or colder please dress accordingly. This is a rain or shine run or a snow or shine run. Obviously if it is going to be a monsoon we will reschedule , but if there is a foot plus of snow Game on!

What to expect:
- A great advanced trail ride. trails from Green to Red and anything in-between. We work as a team to get through challenges and usually have two to three good spotters/guides. Plan on a full day on the trails
- Lunch on the trail I will bring trail side Chili 🥳. Feel free to partake or bring you own favorite.
- De-brief at O'Neils pub for wings and refreshments.
- Breakfast at the Diner ( you know the one) 0700 ( exit 100)

Lead Red Jeep (R3)(y)
2) Tally Ho(y)
3) Kevin and Master Truman(y)
4) ZUKE +1 (y)
5) JBJeeper(y)
6) RVAWJ (y)
7) 3volve (y)
8) bldyfrog(y)
9) Cloving (y)
10)the Rock
Tail) Rattletrap 55(y)

What do the thumbs up indicate?

Current state of Maxy:

IMG_2299.jpegIMG_2302.jpeg

Got the front end fixed and the death wobble should be gone (finally!). While I was under there, found that the front frame-side LCA bushings need to be replaced too :/

Couldn't find the right sized tubing for my new rear sway bar mount locally, so going to have to order that. Messed around with the lockers, but it looks like I just need to rewire them and get the computer out of the equation. Evidently there is a position sensor in there and if you don't re-install the diff the exact same way it came from the factory... the computer freaks out. Started unwrapping the wiring harness to get to everything and omg... this is going to be an electrical mess.

Anyway, I think I'm out for the rest of the month. So I'll go ahead and just get everything fixed while I'm at it and I might paint her blue too.

Back