CJ7 Built Crawler - 39”s, 44RCVs, 35 spline 9”, geared n locked, 101”wb. TRADES considered.

SamuraiChris

Member 2024
00j0j_jGMFifxW1QX_0lN0t2_1200x900.jpg
CJ7 is available if you see this post. Had the opportunity to buy back my old crawler. So the CJ is an extra now. Trades may be considered.

Here's the full specs: lots of upgrades:
1982 Jeep CJ7, Clean VA title in hand.
39.5.16.5-15” Pitbull Rockers on Trailready Beadlocks, 5x5.5 bolt pattern.

Stock 258 straight Six with Howell EFI Fuel Injection conversion. Starts right up every time and runs strong.
Electric radiator fan and hi-flow exhaust

T5 five speed manual transmission, with hydraulic clutch conversion. Hand throttle mounted on gear shifter.
Dana 300 Transfer Case.

Front axle:
Dana 44 with Grizzly locker. 4.56 gears, Reid Racing Ford Knuckles, Warn hubs, High Steer. RCV Ultimate axleshafts.

Hydro Assist, factory steering box was rebuilt and tapped by West Texas Offroad (Red**** Ram). HD mounting brace. PS pump is modded for more pressure and flow. True 1 finger steering in the rocks.

Rear axle:
Ford 9” w/ true spool and Yukon 35 spline shaft upgrade. 4.56 gears, Disc brakes, traction link to prevent axle wrap.

Brake booster conversion. Uses Ford 1/2 ton rotors on all four corners, with Ford calipers on front and GM 3/4 ton calipers on rear.

Suspension:
Rubicon Express RE1444 leaf packs all around with one leaf removed from the front. Neapco long slip driveshafts front and rear.

Full 1 3/4” DOM Cage with cage mounted corbeau seats with harnesses and built in grab handles.

Tube fenders, 1/4” rockers, Bluetorch Fab comp cut rear fenders/corners. Functional tailgate. Led taillights.

RTI fuel cell with artec bed mount. 9000lb winch.

Also have a full softtop and full size soft doors available to close up the Jeep in the cold weather.

Located in Sterling, VA 20165

Running well. It could use a couple minor maintenance updates, but is fully mobile as it sits.

Hard to fix a price, but I’d say $9k cash would take it right now.

Last edited:
Very nice turnkey rig for someone who's looking to not have to spend a ton of money to build one.

Heck, for some folks this saves literally two years of build time.

May be willing to add cash or parts on top for right trade too.

I’m also looking for a new trailer that can do car hauling duties. Thanks

The shocks are set for minimal uptravel, and lots of downtravel.
Front: 16” shocks on tubed front hoops. About 4” of shaft showing at ride height.

Rear: 12” shocks, mounted at an angle, uppers towards custom x-member center of body. / \ , ~ 4.5” of shaft at ride height.

Bumpstops set to make first impact about 3” up.
It’s definitely tuned more for slow speed crawling than any Baja like function.

Blast from the past!! I do still have the CJ, Got sidetracked on the whole trade idea and moved onto other life events (but kept the Jeep).

I’ll send you a message.

Bump!! CJ-7 is available! TRADES considered.
I could use a good truck or SUV that kids can drive. Happy to consider other vehicles in trade.

Chris sent this to a friend in PA looking for a "buggy". Copied the thread and forwarded to her.

Rob, Dain….
Thanks for sharing the Jeep with your friend. It’s a great rig, and quite capable on the trails.
I’m pressed for time currently with two other projects vying for garage space.

Back