CJ restoration?

Hello! I have owned a 4-cyl 1982 CJ7 in the 90s, a 2000 TJ for a few years, and now currently own a 2018 JLU Rubicon which I absolutely love. I’m looking for another CJ and may have found one but it needs some work on the tub. Can anyone here recommend a NOVA (I’m in Gainesville) body shop to either help me determine if a replacement tub is needed or just install new side panels and patch some of the typical rust areas near the roll bar and pillars? I’m not looking to perform a full restoration but want it to run well and cosmetically look good without bondo. Anyone nearby specialize in CJ restorations?

Thanks in advance!

I don’t know of any shops in your area, but are you planning on doing the work yourself? Unless you can do body work, it can be pricy. And swapping a tub is pretty easy. I swapped my tub on my Scrambler from one frame to another, and it took a few people and a few hours to move the tub.

Pro-speed in Manassas does a LOT of hot rods etc and would be as good as any. Perhaps call Bullrun 4x4 for recommendation.
Having done rust repair on VWs, Jeeps, Lincolns over the years I can tell you it is WORK. Which these days means $$$.
Dain is right, consider a new tub.

-Joe

Back