Carbon Offroad Rear Axle Install

Well since the rear axles didn't sell I might as well install them. Looking for some help from someone who knows how to do it. I'm in Charles Town, WV with a cramped single bay garage and some tools. I don't mind coming out to your place in NoVA (within 1.5hrs one way of Charles Town). I don't mind grabbing lunch for the help. Let me know if anyone is interested. I have limited weekend availability for the remainder of the year due to work and a trip back to Maine, but I know of 3 days I have open.

10/10
11/20-21

Week days could likely be worked out but I'd need notice to schedule it.

I would love to help out or lend a hand... but definitely would not know where to start.  :?

Nacho said:
I would love to help out or lend a hand... but definitely would not know where to start.  :?

Me neither. I mean I watched YouTube videos and it looks easy enough... but I thought the same about replacing a fuel injector and that turned into a $900 job and more stress than I planned for. lol.

Replacing a rear axle is easy. You need a slide hammer with the attachment for the wheel flange. There are 4 nuts and bolts the hold the assembly in. Pull those then the brake caliper, rotor and then the axle.

Install is a simple reversal of the process.

I will try to make the party if you are going to do the swap. Takes about 30-45 minutes a side.

Rob.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

The Carbons are nice cause the bearings and all are pressed on already, That saves a lot of effort/time!

You're welcome to come by my place and do them if you want, I have a lift, and all the slide hammer stuff for pulling the old axles and races if needed. But I'm 15 minutes past your 1.5 hour range ;)

zuke said:
The Carbons are nice cause the bearings and all are pressed on already, That saves a lot of effort/time!

You're welcome to come by my place and do them if you want, I have a lift, and all the slide hammer stuff for pulling the old axles and races if needed. But I'm 15 minutes past your 1.5 hour range ;)

That's quite the generous offer and I think I could stretch the time limit for that. Do any of these dates work for you?

10/10
11/20-21

10/10 works...

11/20-21 is a bit far out in my calendar for me to project, but I can say that is probably ok...

Love to tag along for moral support. Let me know which weekend your doing.

zuke said:
10/10 works...

11/20-21 is a bit far out in my calendar for me to project, but I can say that is probably ok...

I can do 10/10. Any specific time? I'm working on 10/9. I'll send you a PM as well and get your address so I can figure out the travel time.

R3 said:
Love to tag along for moral support. Let me know which weekend your doing.

Looking like 10/10.

10/10 it is! I'd say anytime between 10AM and 6PM should be good, I'll PM particulars.

Back