Banks Sidewinder Turbo

mopar31898

Member 2024
Hey guys,

I have been on here a few months now and have not seen a lot of talk about the Banks Sidewinder Turbo setup.  I have one on my Jeep but does anyone else in the area have it?  I am just curious if I ever run into any issues in the future.

Hello Mopar, I am new to the group. I have the Banks Sidewinder and Intercooler on my 2000. Love it but it does run a little hot in the summer!

I don't have one but would be interested in hearing your opinion on it. Does it give a good bit of noticeable power?

Hello Mopar, I am new to the group. I have the Banks Sidewinder and Intercooler on my 2000. Love it but it does run a little hot in the summer!
Welcome to the group. Glad to hear there is someone else with this setup. I have tweaked the cooling system as much as I can to save me a few degrees but it still does run a little hot.

Glad I’m not the only one running hot.

I don't have one but would be interested in hearing your opinion on it. Does it give a good bit of noticeable power?
It definitely has a noticeable gain. When it was originally designed/released, it was non-intercooled. When I had that set up, it was a pretty noticeable difference. Once they released the intercooler, I added that and it made the Jeep really come alive…well as much as a Jeep can.

The kit is nice overall. Mine was also overheating because the alternator wasn't able to support the Electric fan and additional accessories. Works great with the Edelbrock head. I plan on tuning it more after I add a wideband Air/Fuel meter and 3 Bar Map sensor.

Last edited:
Back