Anyone willing to lend a trailer?

Galactica

Website Committee
Member 2024
Blue Ribbon Coalition
VA4WDA
So the next phase of Galactica's build is about to begin!

In the first week of February we will be towing down a bunch of tools and Galactica down to Florida to start the transformation from the ultimate sleeper, into the ultimate offroader.

For this first phase we will be removing the body from the frame, and leaving the body with Flobuilt Conversions to turn the JL into a JLL. We will then be taking the drivetrain and frame back to my parents house to transfer the driveline to a new GenRight chassis. We are hoping to get a lead on a vehicle trailer that we could use to tow the Jeep, and the various frames around for about two weeks while we do the work.

Would anyone know someone willing to lend a trailer?

If you can't find a trailer, can you use the Auto Train out of Lorton? I think it goes to Orlando area. Just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestion - we will take a look! We will need to transport the chassis independent of the body, so it will be un-drivable once we are down there. We are looking a for a few options - we can always get a uhaul car transport locally if we need.

Thanks for the suggestion - we will take a look! We will need to transport the chassis independent of the body, so it will be un-drivable once we are down there. We are looking a for a few options - we can always get a uhaul car transport locally if we need.
Touch base with some of the local area off road shops they might have a lead or even a trail you could use. I would let you use mine but it is only a 6X12..... not much use for the JLL. I will ask around, what are the dates of you travels?

We will likely be heading down the last week in February, so 26th ish or so.

I have a friend with a 18 ft equipment trailer. 2 axle will that work for your needs?

Depending on how things go I MAY have one by that time you can use. Not certain yet though.

Depending on how things go I MAY have one by that time you can use. Not certain yet though.
That would be super cool - @R3 is working on lining up an equipment trailer - but it is always great to have a backup plan in the works as well!

Back