Anybody working on a Jeep tomorrow (or want to be)? (10/15)

blink9cd

Member 2024
Blue Ribbon Coalition
VA4WDA
I was thinking of trying to install a set of control arm skids I had picked up tomorrow. From watching a video of the install it doesn't look too bad, but would prefer a level space to do it, and maybe another hand in case there are snags on how things line up, torquing/loosening everything, etc. Thus my traditional apt parking lot install doesn't seem like a great choice for this one.

I'm in Arlington but don't mind driving around to somewhere else in the late morning. I eventually need to be in Manassas in the late afternoon/early evening, so can't be reallyyyy far away from there.

It'll be a beautiful day out so it'd be a great day for it. But I'm not in a rush to install either if nobody is around. Happy weekend!

I was thinking of trying to install a set of control arm skids I had picked up tomorrow. From watching a video of the install it doesn't look too bad, but would prefer a level space to do it, and maybe another hand in case there are snags on how things line up, torquing/loosening everything, etc. Thus my traditional apt parking lot install doesn't seem like a great choice for this one.

I'm in Arlington but don't mind driving around to somewhere else in the late morning. I eventually need to be in Manassas in the late afternoon/early evening, so can't be reallyyyy far away from there.

It'll be a beautiful day out so it'd be a great day for it. But I'm not in a rush to install either if nobody is around. Happy weekend!
Sorry Blink....had some family things going on and did not get on forum over weekend. Did you get these on? If not, I dont mind helping out one evening (if you dont mind driving down to between Woodbridge and Manassas).

Sorry Blink....had some family things going on and did not get on forum over weekend. Did you get these on? If not, I dont mind helping out one evening (if you dont mind driving down to between Woodbridge and Manassas).
Not a big deal! Another member did graciously reached out via pm, but unfortunately the timing/location didn't quite work out. I ended up using the nice weather to doing my first real interior cleaning since I bought the Jeep a year ago (lol oops), and reading out in the sun before I headed out to Manassas.

So this still is on my docket, and wouldn't mind driving down to you at all. I have time either Tues/Wed evening this week if one of those would work for you?

Not a big deal! Another member did graciously reached out via pm, but unfortunately the timing/location didn't quite work out. I ended up using the nice weather to doing my first real interior cleaning since I bought the Jeep a year ago (lol oops), and reading out in the sun before I headed out to Manassas.

So this still is on my docket, and wouldn't mind driving down to you at all. I have time either Tues/Wed evening this week if one of those would work for you?
Tomorrow would be better than Wednesday for me. I normally finish work around 5:30.

If you need help, let me know. I’m amazingly not doing something. LOL
You live near Scott right? I can't invite you to his place on my own, but if you wanted to make it a larger wrenching party, I think it'd be fun if he's ok with it

You live near Scott right? I can't invite you to his place on my own, but if you wanted to make it a larger wrenching party, I think it'd be fun if he's ok with it
Haha....of course. Andrew lives right around the corner from me

@SaintedDrew just an update: I just spoke with Scott and I'm putting this install off until after the Fall Foliage ride. Been reading several reports about the provided hardware rusting, deforming, and becoming loose under the proper torque. So I'm gonna get better hardware so I don't have to do this more than once or deal with the problems other have been having.

@SaintedDrew just an update: I just spoke with Scott and I'm putting this install off until after the Fall Foliage ride. Been reading several reports about the provided hardware rusting, deforming, and becoming loose under the proper torque. So I'm gonna get better hardware so I don't have to do this more than once or deal with the problems other have been having.
No worries. Would be good to see you two but I totally get it.

Back