2023 Jeep Jamboree Schedule

Nacho

Member 2024
VA4WDA
The 2023 Jeep Jamboree USA event schedule is out.

I am thinking maybe Greenbrier, but could be persuaded maybe to a couple others of anyone else interested. Had a great time at Penns Woods this year.

Registration for the 2023 Jeep Jamboree season will open the week of December 5th.

@Cloving @BldyFrog @Fearless
Screenshot_20221018-205012_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Gonna be some tough decisions this year. Already planning EJS but really want to do one of the jamborees out west. Decisions decisions.

I'm looking at Cumberland or Drummond Island... possibly Maine.
Drummond Island looks really cool and one I would love to do. Just not sure I want to go that far yet.

Killbuck (Ohio), Cumberlands (KY), and Greenbrier (WV) are on short term list, would consider one of the TN ones...

I have already done Uwharrie and Penn's Woods.

Wow, Jamboree registration has certainly gotten pricey. I remember back in the early 2000’s it was maybe $150ish/person for most Jamborees, except for Rubicon Trail, which was $275.

Wow, Jamboree registration has certainly gotten pricey. I remember back in the early 2000’s it was maybe $150ish/person for most Jamborees, except for Rubicon Trail, which was $275.
Yeah... that is why I limited to one per year and it is usually my Christmas present.

I just got back from Cumberlands. It was ok, probably my least favorite Jamboree so far. The guides were great, but it felt like a money grab by the town. 50 more Jeeps than at other Jamborees. Stuff that is usually included wasn’t, comms and coordination kinda sucked, and it sounded like the trail guides were struggling to find help. The trail I wanted to go on, they couldn’t clear in time and wasn’t open.

I just got back from Cumberlands. It was ok, probably my least favorite Jamboree so far. The guides were great, but it felt like a money grab by the town. 50 more Jeeps than at other Jamborees. Stuff that is usually included wasn’t, comms and coordination kinda sucked, and it sounded like the trail guides were struggling to find help. The trail I wanted to go on, they couldn’t clear in time and wasn’t open.
That is disappointing to hear as it was one of the ones I was considering. Perhaps that will get pushed a little further down the list... Thanks for update.

So, I dont know why but Maine is stuck in my head. Checked the maps, its about a 10h or so drive from Ashburn.

Also checked Drummond Island which is about a 14h drive.

Wife is down for Maine as she should be here in Sep but Drummond Island may be a solo trip for me. I would actually like to do both.

I’m not sure yet. My Jeep got worked this year with very little down time and lots of last minute fixes (some pretty serious). I want to get a little TLC done before I put her back on the trail, especially the trails we do.

Doing gears this weekend and then planning a couple maintenance weekends soon. I won’t be out of commission long, just want to make sure Maxy has a clean bill of health.

With EJS early in the year, I'm planning either Ouray or Black Hills. Different type of terrain from east coast and both in September.

Ticket sale dates and times released. If you have not been to one of these, some of them can sell out very quickly (minutes).

1668082091309.png

I get to signup a week early for doing Jeep Academy... I'm going to do one of the ones in Kentucky/Tennessee this year. My choices are currently…

1st Choice
Tennessee
May 5-7 oak ridge TN

2nd Choice
Cumberland
October 20-22 Williamsburg KY

I'll do Drummond Island in '24.

Last edited:
Back