2 Inch Shackle Lift

So everyone, I just recently purchased a two inch shackle lift for my 1995 wrangler yj. Now I am starting to see a lot of scuttle about how terrible they are. Is it really that bad of a route to go for and WHY??

depending on why your lifting it and how you plan to use it. its not the most horrible thing you can do. but anytime you start modifying a jeep, you need to keep in mind how you plan on using the vehicle and what your looking for in an end result.

Just looking for a short lift to give a little room for larger tires, I would like to keep the stock leafs for price reasons. I will be changing the shocks out. I plan on maybe some easy/moderate trail driving nothing extreme.

look into a 1" to 1 1/2" body lift. Spme don't like them, but you will find as you start working on your Jeep, it will make things easier.

The thing with really long lift shackles is geometry. If you think about it, when a leaf pack compresses it essentially is being stretched...the longer the shackle, the farther the leaf pack stretches. This increase in stretch really stresses leaf packs out, and stock spring packs that have already been around for 10+ years succumb to the stress and eventually invert.

Ergo.....monster buck teeth lift shackles kill leaf springs quickly.

Back