Search results

1. zuke

Is RCPFA Still around?

We shutdown rcpfa over 5 years ago now, it's a typical story of how parks get closed. A few of us are still around.. I was the last president, feel free to pm any questions to me.
  2. zuke

What did you do to your Jeep today?-April 2024

Front is close, but not a bolt in to anything else but a JL, rear is totally different. It's more akin to a Ram 1500 than any Wrangler... For either axle, I'd just clear all the bracketry/perches off the axle and buy a weld on kit made for the destination jeep. If putting them under a CJ/YJ...
  3. zuke

Dickey Bell Closed for Maintenance - Summer 2024

Currently still planning to go over labor day weekend though that may change, My annual Uwharrie run is more socializing than wheeling anyway..
  4. zuke

Cracked Transfer Case

Tons of old vehicles that had them don't later in life, I blame that primarily on owners not knowing what it's called, and parts counter monkeys not understanding the descriptions given by said owners :D
  5. zuke

Cracked Transfer Case

Hopefully the Mounting bracket is still there, the Stud and bushings are readily available, But nobody is making the arm anymore that I know of, there are plenty of NOS and used ones available on Ebay, but they tend to be a bit spendy..
  6. zuke

Cracked Transfer Case

Ah, given that info, Yeah, I'd definitely go with the JB weld fix... Prep is the key there :)
  7. zuke

What did you do to your Jeep today?-April 2024

Unlikely there'd be a crack if there wasn't some kind of twisting or pressure/load on it... I know you only recently installed it. did you examine it for cracks before installing? That will help us figure out if it's new loading since installing. Does your transmission still have the torque...
  8. zuke

Insurance for aftermarket parts

I've never had a problem just letting my existing insurance company what I've added and getting it covered. That does require some care though, for example most companies just won't insure a jeep with more than 2.5" of lift...
  9. zuke

What did you do to your Jeep today? - March 2024

That ring gear looks a little beyond a PM ;)
  10. zuke

BeCool radiator and minimal fan clearance - need some ideas

The shroud helps with making sure the entire radiator is getting air, and will avoid "hot spots" at the corners, ... Given your usage plans, I wouldn't really say it's necessary, but it wouldn't hurt if you have it and it isn't too much trouble to install
  11. zuke

BeCool radiator and minimal fan clearance - need some ideas

The only thing against a clutchless/mechanical fan is the warm up time, For vehicles I only run occasionally and in warmer weather, I prefer them. If that's gonna be your use case for the CJ7, Do it and never look back. But if you use the thing in colder weather, It won't warm up at all beyond...
  12. zuke

Jeep Won't Start - Aux Battery?

Good Chance of that, Has you Start/Stop and ESS been giving you any warnings?
  13. zuke

Transmission Shop

Another shout for Rodney's, they've done good work for me, they're actually in the same building as my shop, so you know right where they are, Mike, a hike for you though.
  14. zuke

Steel vs Aluminum Tie Rod

Interesting, pretty much every time Debbie's bent her tie rod it's been from it getting set down onto a rock, like falling down onto a tombstone. I don't think there is enough space between the axle and tie rod to over come the memory of aluminum on her rig. I don't think there is a single...
  15. zuke

Stock Drag link, wife hasn't bent one of those yet ;)
  16. zuke

Been running aluminum for a few years now, My wife still manages to bend one once in a while, I'm up to a 1.75" aluminum on her JKU, and she hasn't bent that one (Yet)... The memory factor of Aluminum definitely helps, DOM won't recover from any bend, Aluminum will.
  17. zuke

Napa Air compressor

I just leave it out to cool, Usually doing plenty of other things after airing up anyway, and 15 minutes seems to bring it down to a safe temp...
  18. zuke

Napa Air compressor

I just take the round plastic tops off the cylinder heads and put a squirt of air compressor tool oil into the intake port, then kinda slosh it around. I don't have a schedule, just do it when I think about it...
  19. zuke

Engine swap parts

Wow, Sorry to hear that! But totally understand, can't store big stuff forever waiting for someone to need it..
  20. zuke

Napa Air compressor

A couple minor notes to add, I've been playing with Maxi Trac clones for a few years now... It's not Oil-less, it has oil in it from the start, and while it should go a while without adding any, it should have oil added every once in a while. They are very popular to modify, and there are a...
Back