Search results

1. cptchaos4567

What did you do to your Jeep today? - May 2022

After about two weeks of fixing crap that I bent/broke at the Cove, and fixing things that just wore out due to age, we’re back up and running! Today, did some simple stuff. Replaced both idler pulleys and replaced a coolant hose that dry rotted. (Before I got the JK, it basically sat for five...
  2. cptchaos4567

New to Jeeping Run (Flagpole)

Won’t be able to make this one. Kixster, I did Flagpole several times while stock. Didn’t even need to disconnect the sway bars. Still had temp tags on the first time out! It will be a great trail for you to determine your level of comfort and learning your Jeep’s capabilities. If you haven’t...
  3. cptchaos4567

What did you do to your Jeep today? - May 2022

Replaced the alternator… again… first replacement that I bought from Advanced Auto was a dud. Got a Mechman alternator. Problem solved… but somehow nicked a coolant hose in the process… 🤦‍♂️ Fortunately, baby has an appointment at OCD tomorrow for the steering.
  4. cptchaos4567

What did you do to your Jeep today? - April 2022

WR got a much needed bath. Replaced my alternator yesterday… and the replacement is a dud too. So ordered a Mechman alternator to replace the replacement. Also made an appointment at OCD to replace the tie rod because… rocks. The sad thing is that I’m not even mad about having spent as much time...
  5. cptchaos4567

Banged up rear diff

Yes… I should have given the once over yesterday/Sunday… frankly I was smoke from the weekend! Anyways, checking under the rear and found that I punished my rear differential. How complicated is this to fix myself? (E.g. replace cover, seal and fluids) OCD is booked up and I need wheels this week.
  6. cptchaos4567

Big offroad event this weekend

Tell me about it. Fortunately, that is really only two of the trips that I’ve taken. But frankly, it definitely makes me gun shy about wheeling with randos. It also means that my tendency to add “one more thing” for preparedness sake is well founded. There wasn’t a time this last weekend where...
  7. cptchaos4567

What did you do to your Jeep today? - April 2022

I tested out the rock guards yesterday… They worked! 😂
  8. cptchaos4567

Big offroad event this weekend

Went out to the to an event this weekend. Overall, solid event. The trails are incredible, and I managed to pull off some things that a) I wasn’t sure I could do, and b) wouldn’t have been able to manage before a lift and bigger tires. I also learned not to attempt the same driveline as the guy...
  9. cptchaos4567

What did you do to your Jeep today? - March 2022

Yesterday… got dirty. Today… did maintenance. Rewound my winch, gave the Jeep a bath, unloaded all of the gear not essential for commuting, and added my Peter’s Mill Run badge that I got from my trip out with Jose and Chris.
  10. cptchaos4567

Sometimes it is the little things that matter most!
  11. cptchaos4567

Please Vote! March Jeep Of The Month

Damn… missed the JotM submission by a day!
  12. cptchaos4567

Picked up a $12 ground loop isolator from Amazon and it solved the problem beautifully. Hooray for YouTube!
  13. cptchaos4567

Did some small projects this week. Replaced gauge face with the Overlord gauge set from Azzy Design Works. Added an Ecoxgear sound bar to the back but struggling eliminating the interference and buzzing when I hook it to my head unit Also added side rails. They’re aluminum, so I hope they are...
  14. cptchaos4567

Rausch Creek 15 Apr ‘22

I’ll have to get back to you on that. Wife’s birthday is that week so it depends on which weekend she wants to do something.
  15. cptchaos4567

Rausch Creek 15 Apr ‘22

My new new 37s are begging to tackle something a little more difficult than what Flagpole has to offer. I’m looking at heading up to PA mid-April to visit family and hit up Rausch Creek. Is anyone interested in going? I’ve never been and it would be good to go with someone who knows the trails.
  16. cptchaos4567

Before and after. OCD did a helluva job. I love it.
  17. cptchaos4567

Trail Comms - Use of CB

Joined the club late last year… jumped straight into GMRS 😂 The total investment was $150. $70 for the 10 year license and $80 for a pair of handhelds. At current gas prices, that is basically the cost of fuel for one run from Fxbg to Flagpole.
  18. cptchaos4567

March JOTM - Submissions

I’ll put in a plug for me (stock white JK) and @TheoLP62 (Chris in the stock Red Willy) running flagpole on ice skates…
Back