Search results

1. spnkzyj

What did you do to your Jeep today? - March 2024

Got shocks mounted. Need to move the remote reservoirs out of harms way. Got some brackets to mount to, just need to install. Took advantage of @SamuraiChris. He was over and we working on something of his. While he was there, he helped physically drop the NP231 and mount the 241OR...
  2. spnkzyj

It still drove out of there, so I’ll go with PM. 😂
  3. spnkzyj

Installed some Fox 2.0 shocks on the rear of the YJ. I’m convinced I’m over sprung with the BDS front springs on the rear. I’m hoping once I get a hard top and load it for wheeling, that will be enough weight to load the springs appropriately. The fox shocks do a better job of softening the ride...
  4. spnkzyj

Coil Spring Shocks vs Leaf Spring Shocks

I have been looking into shocks as of late. Trying to learn and absorb as much as I can. Short version is, without going full custom, your options are limited for leaf springs. My question is, is there much of a characteristic difference in the valving for a leaf spring shock vs coil spring...
  5. spnkzyj

Teraflex 2LO kit
  6. spnkzyj

Got the chain for the transfer case. Put it all back together. Tested all the gears. Everything works. Even the new 2Lo. Need to wash it (normally would do before rebuild but hard when you can move it around by yourself) and torque the Yoke bolts. Then plan an install date. Probably going to do...
  7. spnkzyj

Rebuilt the JK transfer case yesterday. Got everything done and was putting it back together and the chain I bought is too short. It’s been a challenge trying to find the right one on a site I trust. Need a 49 tooth with 3 blue links. Figured the newer stuff would be easier to get parts for. I...
  8. spnkzyj

PSA: Valve Removal Style Deflators

Wanted to give a little Public Service Announcement. Experience has now taught me, twice, that the Deflators that remove the valve core, can be problematic. Something like this: https://store.arbusa.com/e-z-tire-deflator-kit-with-psi-gauge-arb505/ I love using it. Simple, quick, sturdy...
  9. spnkzyj

I decided to add to the fleet

= Definition of Jeep
  10. spnkzyj

What did you do to your Jeep today? - February 2024

Ordered the 2Lo kit for the JK 241OR on my bench. I was playing a little with it yesterday. I don't think my shoulder is going to let me lift the gear set out, but I'm dumb and going to start the rebuild this week anyways.
  11. spnkzyj

How are you liking the PRP seat and which did you go with? I'm still thinking I'm going to go this route and try the heated and cool option in the Enduro Trek (some kidney bolster, no butt bolster)
  12. spnkzyj

Got antsy and pulled the Jeep out of the trailer after almost 2 months. Can’t really work on it yet, but did cut off the hook and installed a Factor55 Flatlink. It’s good to just see her again. 😂
  13. spnkzyj

Lift kits

My path will probably differ a little as I am very hands on, and tend to do things the hard way because I want to learn. Everyone says XYZ. Sometimes it makes sense, sometimes I want to try and see. I originally built installed 4.56 gears and a Detroit Trutrac in the Dana 35. I feel like I...
  14. spnkzyj

Stripped CJ7 tub captured nuts

Man, every 30 minute job is just one problematic bolt away from...! = JEEP
  15. spnkzyj

Seats

Bringing this back from the dead mainly because I’m recovering from shoulder surgery and since I can’t physically work on the Jeep I’m falling down internet rabbit holes. I’m leaning now toward just buying one PRP seat for the drivers seat and worrying about the passenger seat later. I’m...
  16. spnkzyj

Anti-theft kill switch

Nowadays, a manual transmission is enough to deter joy riders. lol
  17. spnkzyj

Rebuildable ball joints anyone?

I'll see if I can dig up what made me say that when I researched a few years ago, just so it doesn't seem like I'm pulling something out of nowhere. From what I remember though, one of the "selling points" was that it helped distribute vehicle weight differently. Don't quote my numbers, but...
  18. spnkzyj

Rebuildable ball joints anyone?

Ball joint deletes always scared me. The axle "c's" aren't engineered to take loads the way deletes now distribute. At least from my understanding.
Back