Search results

1. RattleTrap55

Rausch weekend run 15-17 Dec

I am coming up Friday but I will not arrive until late afternoon due to a Friday morning commitment. I am camping at the Hampton Inn so if anyone is up for grabbing a bite to eat Friday evening let me know. Garner
  2. RattleTrap55

Vulcan MIGMax 140, Cart, & Consumables for Sale $350 (Sold)

I have upgraded my welder to a multi-process welder so it is time to send my trusty MIGMax 140 to a new home. I have listed it on Craiglist for $400 BUT I will sell it to a NOVA Jeeper for $350 and throw in a HF Model 63122 Auto Darkening Welding Hood/Helmet as well. The link below is for the...
  3. RattleTrap55

September Weekend at Rausch

My plan is to leave Northern Virginia 11ish, stopping for lunch in the Gettysburg area putting me at the park around 1500 - 1600. I have made a few upgrades to the CJ (roll cage, hand throttle, and 35" tires (nice set of Falken Wildpeak 33x12.50x15 for sale) so I am looking forward to couple...
  4. RattleTrap55

Rausch Creek Badge of Honor Ride - June 11

Add me to the list - I will drive up on Friday camping at Rausch as well
  5. RattleTrap55

JK Front Seat Lowering

I am 6'1" and like you I'd really like to be able to lower the driver set an inch or two. I am just about eye level with the sun visor and if I am the first person at a traffic light there is no way I can see the traffic light without leaning into the passenger seat or wait for a notification...
  6. RattleTrap55

Transfer Case Swap August 10 or 11

Dain I'd help but I am over committed this weekend. I am happy to come your one afternoon next week for the swap. It should not take long. Wait, l have said that before  :? 
  7. RattleTrap55

Jeep rules

I love it - 29 & 78 in particular...  (y)
  8. RattleTrap55

27/28 trail ride at Rausch

Great weekend, with a great group of people. Hiam & Rob I always enjoy running the trails with you guys. Scott, it was good meeting you, the LJ is one very nice machine. I look forward getting out again with you . Rob - thank you for letting me drive the Red Lego Block up Crawler Ridge - As I...
  9. RattleTrap55

what did you do to your Jeep today? July 2019

I lived in an HOA controlled community in Ashburn for 5 years, after that I was willing to pay what ever premium was necessary to live in a community without one. With young children it was important to me to be able to build pool, have fenced yard of my choice, and leave my trash can out after...
  10. RattleTrap55

Unfortunately I have other commitments this weekend so I will not make it. Which is a bummer as this is one of my favorite rides. You guys will have fun with a great group of Jeepers. How is the XJ? I spent last night cutting a nut out of the frame of a neighbor's XJ so he could replace the...
  11. RattleTrap55

July Rausch Creek Run

I driving up on Friday as well - I am at the Comfort Inn to take advantage of the trailer friendly parking lot. Wing at 1800 it is.... (y)
  12. RattleTrap55

What did you do to your Jeep today? - June 2019

Well it is not my Jeep, but I helped remove the rear leaf springs from a '91 XJ yesterday, golly that took most of the tools from two garages and all day to accomplish. First problem was the rear shackle bolts could not be removed because someone put a gas tank in the way, Chrysler engineers...
  13. RattleTrap55

Un-Wrenching Party

If the weather holds tomorrow I plan to disassemble a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Some of the parts will be stored away for future projects, others will go up for sell, and what is left is off to be recycled. The plan is to drive it on to the lift mid-morning then start pulling it apart. So if you...
  14. RattleTrap55

How big are Your Tires - Really

I have General Tire Grabber AT2 33x12.5 x 15 tires inflated to 25 psi on the CJ. General Tire's website lists the tire's diameter as 32.8" with a max PSI of 35. However when I measure the diameter on the CJ it barely breaks 31". So my question is, what tire do you have on your Jeep, what is the...
  15. RattleTrap55

Jeep Sightings - May 2019

Dang - now there is a good looking Jeep! (y)
  16. RattleTrap55

Sniper Install on my Scrambler 1/19/19

You and I both - I am looking at the Teraflex Low300 4:1 kit, it looks like a pretty straight forward upgrade....
  17. RattleTrap55

What did you do to your Jeep today? - March 2019

Big  (y) - you will really like it on the trails.
  18. RattleTrap55

May Rausch Run 4th.

Rob, Add me to the list - either day works for me  (y) Garner
  19. RattleTrap55

What did you do to your Jeep today? - March 2019

Style appropriate - very nice..... (y)
Back