Search results

1. jdavis2nd

Trailer Suggestions

Great info here, chiming in so I can find this thread later. I recently got a Sierra 1500 with max tow package as my DD and to tow the CJ when I get it trail worthy.
  2. jdavis2nd

RRR

I went through this. The steering sucks with the unaltered stops on the king pins. I went from the 6.75" ram to the 8" and cut the stops. I went a little too far initially but luckily mine were already tapped so I was able to just add some bolts and washers to get it just right. The PSC box will...
  3. jdavis2nd

Master cylinder and D60s

Factory JL master is working well on mine. Will lock them up if needed.
  4. jdavis2nd

JK Axle Side UCA Bushings

I have Johnny joints in curent axle but not either of these kits since its not a stock axle. Did the metalcloak passenger side bracket in my JK but used the rock krawler bushings since I had their long arm system. https://www.rockjock4x4.com/CE-9102JK-Jeep-JK-Frontend-Housing-Johnny-Joint-Kit...
  5. jdavis2nd

Tire Truing

I have one tire that needs this. Watching this thread.
  6. jdavis2nd

Banged up rear diff

I actually managed to destroy a metal cloak diff skid and it got pushed up in between the flange/housing and peeled back my pinion seal. I did get myself in a bad position but still can't recommend this skid. I only got it because the JL diffs aren't smooth as previous iterations.
  7. jdavis2nd

Bull Run 4x4 Jeep shop says hello!

Potts Mountain end of the month, its the Catalina Wine mixer of wheeling trips. Peel an inspection sticker off of one of those Jeeps on your lot and come with us.
  8. jdavis2nd

Bull Run 4x4 Jeep shop says hello!

I've wheeled with Mike many times and spent a ton of money at the shop. Great team at BR4x4 and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking to get work done on their rig.
  9. jdavis2nd

Swap Q

There is also Behemoth Drivetrain. Both are smaller and lighter than an atlas.
  10. jdavis2nd

Off Camber (Roll Over)

Waiting for the last two JOTM winners to chime in...
  11. jdavis2nd

Rear Axle

Just wanted to throw out the option of their competition 9" although I do not know if there is an OX locker option for that. When I bought one for our CJ there wasn't much price difference between it and the 489
  12. jdavis2nd

Two technical questions about 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

You're not the only one but dont worry...it's no cause for concern 🤣
  13. jdavis2nd

Please vote- February Jeep of the Month

You weren't very happy at the moment that picture was taken but it got you a JOTM win!
  14. jdavis2nd

Then and now?

For last year's irresponsible spending spree on axles swaps etc...for both Jeeps, the CJ beats the JL. Total invested is still the JL though.
  15. jdavis2nd

Windrock 5 thru 10 May

Having been to Windrock a few times I just wanted to throw out my opinion on some trails to hit. The badge trails are all pretty boring, maybe exciting in wet conditions. Trail 15 is iconic and a great trail to hit first as it's right off of the main road. Wardens ridge trail 75 is awesome...
  16. jdavis2nd

Welcome to the New Forum

Cool, just thought it would be a nice touch for us Android users who can get push notifications. Maybe one day Apple will finally support web push too.
  17. jdavis2nd

Welcome to the New Forum

Is it possible to add a logo to the push notifications to replace the bell or browser icon? Discourse has this feature:
  18. jdavis2nd

Then and now?

2019 through 2021 And the real money-pit 2020 - 2021 2021
  19. jdavis2nd

Free from Tapatalk

You can also install the forum as an app and receive push notifications. Just installed and removed tapatalk from my phone.
  20. jdavis2nd

CJ steering

All, Looking to replace/upgrade the leaking steering box, pump, and lines on our '78 CJ. Reading through different forums on options and find a lot of conflicting information about different years; NPT vs SAE fittings for the lines, H1 boxes, etc... If you've been through this before or have...
Back