Search results

1. Iceman

VA inspection issue

HA! This is the place I took it and said it would fail inspection due to my fenders and marker lights. Funny enough, last year they passed it without hesitation. -Clayton
  2. Iceman

VA inspection issue

Thanks everyone for the input. Just going to order some replacement marker lights that are DOT stamped and take it to another place to be inspected. -Clayton
  3. Iceman

VA inspection issue

Yeah my plan is to try another inspection site since arguing with an inspector is futile. Although maybe I should have gotten the VSP safety office involved since they are right down the road in Culpeper. I wasn't sure if something had changed or if anyone else had the same issue. I'm sure there...
  4. Iceman

VA inspection issue

Well I don't have the option to post a pic since I am not a member so I had to post via URL from Flickr. Let me know if these are good enough or if you would like a closer up pic or 2. -Clayton
  5. Iceman

VA inspection issue

Just went to have my Jeep inspected and was told that my front fenders/marker lights that I have had installed for the past 5+ years would not pass. I have the Poison Spyder crusher (standard width) fenders with 3/4 inch amber LED marker lamp. The fenders provide ample coverage over the tire...
  6. Iceman

Ratcheting vs non-ratcheting combo wrenches

What says you have to carry a whole 2nd set of non-ratcheting wrenches to go with the ratcheting ones? If you are concerned about breaking a ratcheting wrench due to higher torque, grab a single non-ratcheting wrench(s) to fit each of those situations (control arms, steering components, etc.)...
  7. Iceman

Suggestions for Air compressors for tires?

I have the single ARB and it suits me just fine with my 35s. If there is any thought in your head about upgrading tire size and you do plan on going ARB, just get the twin compressor. Buy once, cry once. Powertanks are nice but expensive and you have to remember/pay to fill it (the gift that...
  8. Iceman

Big Brake Kit

I installed the Dynatrac Progrip brake kit a few years back and don't have any complaints. Easy install and can use OEM brake pads if you choose. Some people have complained about the Dynatrac pads causing squealing but I never experienced that problem. -Clayton
  9. Iceman

Ok no worries and no rush. Just wanted to follow up. -Clayton

Ok no worries and no rush. Just wanted to follow up. -Clayton
  10. Iceman

I assume with no further replies you are not interested in these? -Clayton

I assume with no further replies you are not interested in these? -Clayton
  11. Iceman

Yeah EVO Rockstar skids for 07-18 Jeep JK. -Clayton

Yeah EVO Rockstar skids for 07-18 Jeep JK. -Clayton
  12. Iceman

Let's say $100. -Clayton

Let's say $100. -Clayton
  13. Iceman

Rear shock skid plate needed 07 JK

I have the Evo Protek bolt on skids and they work great. No additional cutting necessary for them and easy to install. The Evo Rockstar skids do provide an additional 1.5" of clearance but do require cutting a portion of your stock bracket off (including the stock lower shock mounts). I was...
  14. Iceman

Obd programmer

I use the over-priced AEV ProCal with the dip switches. Does the job. -Clayton
  15. Iceman

Wash Fluid Pump Leak in Cold Temps

Yeah I ordered the same BMW grommet/screen to hopefully prevent it from happening again. Not a hard fix at all, just 1 of those pesky "oh come on Jeep engineers...." repairs. -Clayton
  16. Iceman

Wash Fluid Pump Leak in Cold Temps

Just had the same thing happen to my 2013 JK. The subzero temps and wind chill we had here last week must have caused the grommet and/or pump to crack. There was a puddle where the pump sits and on top of the spring perch dripping down. Ordered a new pump and grommet/screen.
  17. Iceman

Powder coating in NOVA

I used American Stripping in Manassas to powder coat my front bumper back in 2017. I think I paid around $300-ish and the quality of the job was excellent (still holding up well today). However, I cannot speak of their quality/prices in today's market. -Clayton
  18. Iceman

What did you do to your Jeep today? - December 2022

Did you dab some anti-seize on the license plate hardware going into the nutserts? A buddy drilled the new bumper for the license plate/hardware after we installed it on my wife's old JK. Of course he didn't put any anti-seize on the bolts and they rusted solid. The dealership had to cut the...
  19. Iceman

Lift related question

If there are no plans to step up in tire size, personally I would just leave the stock suspension on. Unless you are just going for the look, adding only a suspension lift doesn't really serve a functional purpose by itself. And once you start tinkering with replacing suspension components...
  20. Iceman

Lift related question

You will definitely want an adjustable track bar for the front and at least a raised track bar bracket for the rear. That way you can re-center your axles. Don't forget about shocks too. Either some sort of shock extensions or replacing them all together with longer travel shocks. Is it a 2...
Back