Search results

1. ///BHRpowered

Vintage Jeeps only flagpole run

I was looking at Oct 14th. If we can get 4-5 that would be perfect. I debated added a camping night but I feel many would be trailering rigs down to Harrisonburg.
  2. ///BHRpowered

Area Jeep Dealer Recommendations

Everyone of them is terrible, but I'd say Safford Jeep in Frederickburg is the best of the worst? Hands down avoid Lindsay of Manassas at all costs.
  3. ///BHRpowered

Vintage Jeeps only flagpole run

Nothing currently setup but trying to gauge interest in getting a group together of vintage/antique Jeeps to head up Flagpole sometime in Oct. Light trail riding to get old Jeep's back on the dirt. 25 years or older. Nothing fancy, no bluetooth, no electronic sway bars, no hill descent...
  4. ///BHRpowered

Pink duck bandit

Everyday we stray farther from gods plan.....
  5. ///BHRpowered

Pink duck bandit

A member perhaps? Cracker barrel in Dumfries saturday morning. Came out to a lifted black WJ parked next to my WJ, but they lift a pink rubber ducky on my driver door handle. The other Jeep had a bunch of rubber ducks on the dash so I'm guessing it was them. A needy college girl with daddy...
  6. ///BHRpowered

Vintage only trail ride - GWNF/Oct

I'd imagine a lot of these would be towed, even while some may be highway worthy it's just plain slow. This wouldn't be about pushing things offroad either, I dare even call it an exhibition ride. Just like now and then guys put vintage race cars around goodwood why can't we get some dirt under...
  7. ///BHRpowered

Vintage only trail ride - GWNF/Oct

Ok, this is really more of a feeler to see how much interest exist so please move if warranted. How many people would be interested in a vintage trail ride to Flag pole at end of Oct? Nothing fancy and all stocker friendly - with the catch you must be in a historically eligible vehicle (25...
  8. ///BHRpowered

Recommendations for Jeep dealer (warranty work)

Not side work in that area, only shop I actually recommend is Meador automotive in Manassas. Old kool family business. Simple, honest, stands behind their work. Old trucks/American cars almost exclusively.
  9. ///BHRpowered

Ocean City Jeep Week

Pass, I wish someone would put together an OG OC Jeep week. BUT, if you do go to OC I highly recommend the Spinnaker hotel on 18th st. Best location and great place to stay at decent rates. Harrisons harbor watch on the inlet is one of the best places to eat even if its a little pricey (Make a...
  10. ///BHRpowered

Ah Farrish of Fairfax. Literally the reason I started working on my own cars. I went to them for a simple oil change in college and all I could afford was the oil change. They kept me waiting for 3 hours, came back without doing the oil change and handed me a list of 2500 dollars worth of things...
  11. ///BHRpowered

I don't think brand has as much to do with the service as does the ownership/management. Lindsay is horrible no matter where you go. Lamborghini of Washington in sterling tried to upsell me about getting services done way early because "vehicle is already here" by comparison the best dealer...
  12. ///BHRpowered

Recap: So I did actually end up taking the WL to safford. Not by any means a flawless experience, I guess I'd call it the best of a cesspool of an industry. Started off annoyed as they have all these signs for the service department, but for "Jeep" you go to a hidden backside of the used Jeep...
  13. ///BHRpowered

The 2nd to last time I was at Lindsay I made a comment about how my 2014 Grand was the lowest quality Jeep product I had ever come across and was riddled with build/software/material issues that should have been addressed a year before release. I got spam called relentlessly to purchase a new...
  14. ///BHRpowered

So I outright loathe the idea of going to any dealer for anything, but my WL needs some warranty work so I'm kind of stuck. Can anyone recommend a simple, honest Jeep dealer from Fredericksburg to Fairfax. I don't play games with upselling, I don't tolerate being digital cattle for them to...
  15. ///BHRpowered

VA Safety Inspection

Negative ghostrider, the vast majority of the state doesn't even require emissions, it's mostly just the northern blue counties. Any OBDII vehicle from 96 on is a simple scan, which is funny because if you have an older vehicle many shops no longer have the equipment or have it in working order...
  16. ///BHRpowered

VA Safety Inspection

I'll be honest, 90% of the inspections are done just to collect money. Vast majority of cars have no issues or don't develope issues until much later then previously. Scam shops though need to be cracked down on. Every station is required to have a poster of what to inspect, some just make...
  17. ///BHRpowered

VA Safety Inspection

Sometimes you just need a relationship with the shop/inspector. A good shop wants you to keep coming back vs screwing you on the little things one time. I won't say the shop publicly where, but the inspector has been there for atleast 20 years. He knows me and all my vehicles so I drive 45...
  18. ///BHRpowered

Boat axle help

Looking for some trailer axle help. Bought a decent size back in early summer but the trailer had no title. Boat belonged to guys father who passed away so no one has all the info. Part of a vin is stamped but turns up no results. Th drums and shoes for surge brakes need replacing but can't find...
  19. ///BHRpowered

Anyone ever seen a 6-spd WJ?

Poor WJ. 2 shops have looked at it and both think I broke a snap ring deep inside tranny. 216k, not happy. WJ has been sitting more then usual, a smart person would cut his losses and not continue to dump money into it. But that's not how Jeep's work. It hasn't been my daily driver in many years...
  20. ///BHRpowered

Custom fabrication / welding

Looking for someone, a shop, a member etc who could do some fab work involving a winch plate on WJ. I have the basic guides and measurements - but no welder or welding experience since 8th grade shop. Mostly just welding 3 items together and 2 bends. Recommendations appreciated.
Back