December trail run (PA)

Added to Calendar: 12-03-22, 12-04-22

It hit me on the way home how funny Garner's comment was today. It amused me at the time but it really made me laugh out loud on the drive home.
We had walked up to a group of XJs that were blocking the trail to see what was going on. One of them had bent a wheel and it was no longer holding air. Apparently in this group of 4-6 Cherokees there wasn't a single spare tire or hammer among them since when we came up to them they were beating on this wheel with a rock trying to straighten it. I had mentioned if I should make the trek back down the hill to retrieve them a proper hammer so maybe they could get moving and out of the way. Garner then made the comment "You know, tools are the difference between us and monkeys..." I did end up going to get a hammer and they got the wheel fixed in case anyone was wondering.

@R3 trail chili was awesome! Thanks for sharing with those that came less than prepared. Cheese toppings, cornbread, butter, cookies... folks pitched in and you can tell have done this once or twice before ;). Hot food on the trail was better than many meals I've had! It was great to meet everyone, though you'll have to forgive me when I ask for your names again. I bring my wife along to remind me of my own.

So I guess as it turns out we don't have any photographers in our group, but Sarah tried to get a few shots. She said that we didn't help her out any. Me not stoping so she could get a clear shot, you guys because you wouldn't stop and pose! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Also, with the rain and mud, she wasn't much willing to get out and take pictures, so a few are from the warmth and shelter of the little black TJ. So with the weather being what it was and her uncooperative cast, here are a few pics she attempted to take.

TJ tally ho Bill

CJ. Leaf springs forever Garner.

Silly Red Jeep on cartoon tires Rob

Silly silver Jeep in cartoon tires Chuck.

Post apocalyptic Cherokee Bret.

Killer TJ. Lucas

Photography by Sharon

🤣🤣

Last edited:
Ps. We need to "pose" for a shot today....just to be like the other kids 🤣🤣🤪🤪

Looks like you guys had a good time! Sad to have missed it!

Looks like you guys had a good time! Sad to have missed it!
We did. Rain cold and fog on Saturday. so comfy trails for the first half the day.
Quote of the day " what separates us from monkeys, humans use tools..."

this was evident when the group of $htbox XJ obviously hauled straight out of the junk yard, were trying to bend a rim back with a......rock. 5 rigs not a spare between them and no real tools between them. Lucky the post apocalyptic Grand Cherokee had the prerequisite kinetic energy transfer device and after a few manly love taps the wheel once again held air.

Trip to devils den was exciting the Red Jeep went straight up the the buggy line and yup got stuck in a hole. little encouragement from the winch and she was on her way to the top. the rest of the group found a few different lines to climb out. That is a good play ground for built rigs.
Lunch at the trail side bistro under Tippy top in a gentle cold rain was really pretty good. We took a trip to outer limits. The buggies tore that place up. Made it halfway thru and decided to tap out and come down the rock waterfall.... exciting driving on 200# rocks that move with you adding to gravity .... very interesting ride down.

Sunday was a much brighter day but very cold. Might have made 32 in the woods picked up a stray cat in a JT and had fun on the moderate trails ending up on the Beach for lunch. There was some drone video taken and we'll have to see if it makes it too us.

Red Jeep needs some maintenance on the front end... have a bit of interference with the tie rod and drag link.... need some bump stop work to solve that bit.... or a new joint at the pitman arm.... maybe a heim? Also think the left side shock need to be looked at as that side of the Jeep was on the bumps all day. Little time in the shop Saturday will tell the story.

We did. Rain cold and fog on Saturday. so comfy trails for the first half the day.
Quote of the day " what separates us from monkeys, humans use tools..."

this was evident when the group of $htbox XJ obviously hauled straight out of the junk yard, were trying to bend a rim back with a......rock. 5 rigs not a spare between them and no real tools between them. Lucky the post apocalyptic Grand Cherokee had the prerequisite kinetic energy transfer device and after a few manly love taps the wheel once again held air.

Trip to devils den was exciting the Red Jeep went straight up the the buggy line and yup got stuck in a hole. little encouragement from the winch and she was on her way to the top. the rest of the group found a few different lines to climb out. That is a good play ground for built rigs.
Lunch at the trail side bistro under Tippy top in a gentle cold rain was really pretty good. We took a trip to outer limits. The buggies tore that place up. Made it halfway thru and decided to tap out and come down the rock waterfall.... exciting driving on 200# rocks that move with you adding to gravity .... very interesting ride down.

Sunday was a much brighter day but very cold. Might have made 32 in the woods picked up a stray cat in a JT and had fun on the moderate trails ending up on the Beach for lunch. There was some drone video taken and we'll have to see if it makes it too us.

Red Jeep needs some maintenance on the front end... have a bit of interference with the tie rod and drag link.... need some bump stop work to solve that bit.... or a new joint at the pitman arm.... maybe a heim? Also think the left side shock need to be looked at as that side of the Jeep was on the bumps all day. Little time in the shop Saturday will tell the story.

Jason posted his drone video on YouTubez

Last edited:
Rob,

Lot of fun on Saturday. Sorry I could only spend one day at RC with y’all. Thanks to Garner and Bill for there excellent spotting and trail recon as well. Good group, hope to get out with everyone again soon!

Chuck

Reactions: R3
Rob,

Lot of fun on Saturday. Sorry I could only spend one day at RC with y’all. Thanks to Garner and Bill for there excellent spotting and trail recon as well. Good group, hope to get out with everyone again soon!

Chuck
Couple silly jeeps on cartoon tires... Great way to spend a day. We will make another run soon. Cheers

Back