Repair Shop in My Area

Damtall

Member 2024
My wife was driving the jeep last Thursday during all the storms. She hit some standing water and it pulled her to the edge of the road and she either hit a large pothole or a very large hole on the side of the road. Needless to say there was major damage to my right front tire, suspension, etc. Has anyone had any dealings with auto body shops in the Springfield or Alexandria areas? All the work should be covered by State Farm which I am thankful for ! Thank you for your suggestions from the bottom of my heart!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dang it Mike. All of the bad luck is flowing your way. I don’t have any suggestions for shops that way. But good luck getting it sorted.

Mike - good morning. Sorry to hear about the damage to the rig. I'm not sure about State Farm, but USAA is a partner with Lindsay Collision Center on Industrial Drive. I've had a few vehicles through there and have been extremely happy with their work. Might be worth looking in to.

She broke the axle! How fast was she driving and what did she hit?! Holy crap!
14bab83b9a8fe44aea07c5df9beb71b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That is what insurance is for. Get it fixed and all will be right again.

I have set it up for Service King in Lorton, but I am having issues getting it towed there for some reason! State Farm sent a Flat Bed, but I told them the tire is about to fall off! They don't listen! Thanks everyone!

If they are like USAA, you could find your axle and have the shop put it in depending on cost. With USAA, I have had them put aftermarket parts on the truck for LESS than what OEM parts would have cost. You may even be able to get a locker!

Does anyone know how to do the broomstick trick to hold the tire in place while it is pulled onto a flatbed? Travis mentioned it, but I have no idea what he is talking about. I was thinking of using a ratchet strap from one C gusset to the other. Bad idea?

Does anyone know how to do the broomstick trick to hold the tire in place while it is pulled onto a flatbed? Travis mentioned it, but I have no idea what he is talking about. I was thinking of using a ratchet strap from one C gusset to the other. Bad idea?
????? try the emergency brake????

He may be talking about ratcheting a broomstick on the outside of the tire to the frame to keep it in there. So just a broomstick across the center of the wheel/tire and a ratchet strap on each side to the frame.

Pretty sure that only works on a rear axle, Best bet to get it on a flat bed is probably to take the wheel off and put a wheel dolly or floorjack under the unbroken part of the axle...

They sent a tow truck that raised the front end off the ground then used a tow dolly on the rear. It has been taken to Service King in Lorton. I am kind of hoping they say they can't work on it. I sent a request to Mike and Tiffany at Bull Run 4x4. It might take a little longer, but it might be worth it. At least they are Jeep people that work on Jeeps!

Met with a guy named Matt at Service King in Lorton. He seemed very honest and friendly! He is, however, worried about the frame, but said he would give it a thorough once over just to make sure. He said he can get me parts for my 2.5" lift (springs, links, shocks, etc.) and will do a re-gear with 4.56's. He said they get all their aftermarket stuff from Quality Tire in Woodbridge. I think I recall someone here mentioning QT and them being a good shop. I hope they don't sell Rough Country crap! 🤪

Thank you to everyone for following and responding to my post! I do appreciate your responses and your concern! Just another reason I love NOVA Jeepers!

Met with a guy named Matt at Service King in Lorton. He seemed very honest and friendly! He is, however, worried about the frame, but said he would give it a thorough once over just to make sure. He said he can get me parts for my 2.5" lift (springs, links, shocks, etc.) and will do a re-gear with 4.56's. He said they get all their aftermarket stuff from Quality Tire in Woodbridge. I think I recall someone here mentioning QT and them being a good shop. I hope they don't sell Rough Country crap! 🤪

Thank you to everyone for following and responding to my post! I do appreciate your responses and your concern! Just another reason I love NOVA Jeepers!
That's awesome! Keep us posted and let me know if you come by to check on things. My office is the next street up. Actually walked by thier shop to see if I could spot the beast but it was in their secure lot out back.

Good luck Mike. It will be back to normal soon.
I don't think it will ever be back to normal! I might have an ulcer before it goes back to normal! Service King Lorton sent a quote for over $17,000. State Farm totaled it! I have no idea what to do now! I have never claimed to be the smartest guy or the sharpest tool in the shed! State Farm offered a payment of $11,590 for my Jeep. Can I take that money and use it to buy back my Jeep? I am lost and confused and feeling pretty useless right now! I would rather be off-camber right now, about to tip over, than deal with insurance companies! Crazy thing, Mike Miller at Bull Run 4x4 gave me a quote for half that price, with a Dana 44!

Back