Place your bets! Place your bets!!! What does this Jeep weigh! Closest guess gets a prize of some kind!

Mudskipper

2nd Time Around
Member 2024
Blue Ribbon Coalition
VA4WDA
So I’m going to weigh my JK on a CAT scale tomorrow and get a definitive answer! Which is a lot more than the guesstimate I have right now. I’ve heard everything from 4,800 lbs to 7,000 lbs, which is an absolutely gigantic spread, to me. So I want a definitive answer, and I figure that might help others out with their own guesstimations on their Jeeps.

some specs and a typical trail-load-out that I’m usually carrying on a trip, to help y’all with your numbers and predictions:

2016 JKUR 3.6L V6, hardtop, mostly stock interior (carpeted, floor mats, factory jack, etc)
full fuel tank
2.5“ Metalcloak lift
33x12.5-17 Nitto’s
Q-Tec aluminum skids on the engine, t-case, rear t-case, evap box.
rear tire carrier bumper
front winch bumper (full width)
12k winch with synthetic line
rock rails
homemade booty-fab’d swaybar skid plate (3/16th steel plate)
Oasis portable compressor in a metal box (size of 20mm ammo can, basically)
20k/lb bottle jack
1 6k/lb jack stand
7k/lb mil-surp scissor jack
3 snatch blocks
3 tree savers
2 30’ tow straps
15” tool bag with lots of crap (feels like about ~40ish pounds)
shorthandle shovel
tote with various stuff (feels like about 25ish pounds)
Me, the driver (215 lbs)

So there ya go. That’s everything on/in it to the best of my recollection.

I’ll know for certain by tomorrow. I’ll leave the thread open for your predictions for one week, then I’ll post the exact weight from the scale.

The winner will receive…..uh…..something. Something at least useful in some way to a Jeeper, that doesn’t suck. I promise!

Place your bets!

20E796B7-FA8B-46B2-95EF-DF1EDBBF4619.jpeg

Mine weight in at 6700# now.

You stole my idea. I was going to put mine on some old racing scales I have access to and do the same thing.

I was going to say 6000, but since Joe already said it, I will say 5995... Price is Right Style.

Back