Recent content by majestek12

1. M

Is RCPFA Still around?

John, does this question indicate you're back around? Heads up that the red Jeep you sold Dave is living its best life. I was originally concerned about committing it to a life in the northeast, but as it stays mostly at their summer house it doesn't see any wintry salty roads. It's also been...
  2. M

Is RCPFA Still around?

Wow, turning the dial up on the way back machine! I didn't have a winning bid on any of the trail marker auctions, should have a bit harder - would be nice to have hanging in the garage. Man, that field when it was wet... Lol.
  3. M

Cracked Transfer Case

I agree it definitely seems like it was set down hard on one of the support bosses, the crack doesn't appear to be in a stressed area of the case - Zuke had a good point on the torsion arm in the other post. Normally I'd say make sure your u joints, drive shaft slip yoke, and drive shaft balance...
  4. M

Insurance for aftermarket parts

I've always been pleased with our USAA coverage, but as others have said they did away with their optional modification coverage rider a few years ago. Now they only offer their "standard" policy, which varies from state to state. In some states it's up to $5000, sounds like in Virginia it's...
  5. M

What did you do to your Jeep today? - March 2024

The 6.2 is nice, but those two screws on top are what adds the fun!
  6. M

99 XJ

I was wondering and holding off on providing a response given you could have been talking about the frame side. If it's just the factory axle with no upgrades or gear changes, you may be able to locate a used axle and swap it in for less than the parts of material and labor for welding.
  7. M

Transmission Shop

Mike, from my read on the subject, p0732 can be caused by several different problems. Some are more complex and expensive like a clutch pack beginning to go bad, but some are simple like low fluid level. I'd suggest checking the fluid level, as low fluid can cause this error. Equally, issues...
  8. M

I'm not a Tesla fan, but DMC-12s are cool, and I've always loved the stainless/raw look. Could make it the Cyber Jeep... If only there was a way to reliably clear coat without corrosion underneath or yellowing.
  9. M

Makes sense. I've found most clusters only show a subset of the OBD2 codes, most commonly ones related to emissions.
  10. M

Transmission Shop

Yezzir.
  11. M

Transmission Shop

County Transmission is the only shop in the area that I trust. To be fair, it's the only shop I, my family, or circle of friends have ever used for transmission work, but County has never provided a single reason to go anywhere else. Customer service is amazing, workmanship sets the gold bar...
  12. M

Dang mike, you just can't catch a break. I'd seriously suggest looking into a Bluetooth OBD2 dongle, say like a PLX Kiwi, OBDLink or even just one of the cheap ELM327 modules on Amazon (though, you definitely get what you pay for and I suggest PLX or OBD link). Paired with an app like...
  13. M

Parking up or downhill on the trail - safety precaution

Man, no mention whatsoever of a manual. I guess the millennial theft deterrent is indeed a thing.
  14. M

Drag Link popping up/down by pitman arm

Oh, nice the warranty you have covers the steering components. I would take it in, I really don't see how it wouldn't be covered under the warranty. It's not supposed to pop, whether or not it causes any drivability concerns the secondary, and it's a good thing you caught it in time. You could...
  15. M

Got to get this t-shirt

https://a.co/d/26LCegJ
Back