Recent content by Gr8Dain

1. Gr8Dain

What did you do to your Jeep today? - March 2024

I ordered 00 gauge battery cables for the willys. Hope it helps with the cranking power.
  2. Gr8Dain

I put the bikini top and soft doors on in prep for the 100% chance of rain tonight and tomorrow. Boo
  3. Gr8Dain

Hope you did not pay too much for it. I know it is unobtanium in VA, but I hate the mark up some places put on it.
  4. Gr8Dain

BeCool radiator and minimal fan clearance - need some ideas

Give yourself room for the movement when the frame flexes or motor mounts give way. I had my driver side mount break resulting in the fan boring a hole through the radiator. Most importantly if this is a wheeling rig.
  5. Gr8Dain

No clutch. The one with the clutch bore a few holes in my radiator as they touched when I flexed a bit too much last year.
  6. Gr8Dain

I ran without a shroud for the past couple of years. I put this shroud on (not great, but it works) and my temps dropped from 195 to 178 at operating. I was never worried about my temps without the shroud. But just noting what I have recently experienced.
  7. Gr8Dain

Here is what I have. I had to use a spacer so that the fan did not hit the temp sensor added to the thermostat housing. Of course my radiator is not quite as thick as yours.
  8. Gr8Dain

Spice supertop soft doors

I do not have a set, but you will find some on the various CJ group pages on FB as I see them occasionally. Of course if you actually need Honey colored, good luck. Those are "unobtanium" it appears. Do you want spice, honey, nutmeg? I believe spice was used on YJs, but Honey and Nutmeg on...
  9. Gr8Dain

I could not see the picture yesterday, but now I can. That is a bit tight. I will say that I had a Ford Contour/Taurus dual fan on the Scrambler for years. Even to put that on, I had to trim the edges of the shroud down to mount it. And it was super tight. But it worked. In the current...
  10. Gr8Dain

I do not know how deep your fan is, but I definitely had issues with clearance on my CJ8. I ended up mounting the radiator INSIDE the grill which gave me an extra 1/2” or so. And I mounted my fans after installing the radiator. Have you tried mounting the fan to the radiator and grill with...
  11. Gr8Dain

My son was working on his car. You can see some tools he put on the hood of the Scrambler.
  12. Gr8Dain

It is officially topless season Oh and I painted by shackle plates that came from Barnes 4WD. The neighbors (and HOA) must hate me. 😂
  13. Gr8Dain

2024 Shenandoah Apple Blossom Parade -- sign up now

Count me in Robyn. Thanks
  14. Gr8Dain

Doors came off. Top is this weekend.
  15. Gr8Dain

Thanks. And yeah, I am happy with the deal I got. And after a few hours and a few hundred dollars, I should have it working well.
Back