Recent content by GOOSE3

1. GOOSE3

Napa Air compressor

I didnt realize there was a market for can compressors, I saw a guy use one for his and liked the idea, I only plan to store in the can. I will pull it out for use and ventilation, but will likely pop a few holes in general to allow a little air in the box. I am thinking about a can like this...
  2. GOOSE3

Napa Air compressor

haha, I am not that talented or fancy, the can is simply for storage.
  3. GOOSE3

Napa Air compressor

ok, sweet, I used super lube to oil, but next time I will run some oil in there. Thank you for the tips and insight.
  4. GOOSE3

Napa Air compressor

I only planned to store it in the can but hadn't thought about post-use heat dissipation, I may need to vent the box like you said, or leave it out to cool., You're right, more testing is needed!
  5. GOOSE3

Napa Air compressor

Great points, thank you. I have some synthetic grease that I have on now, it came with one piston lubed and one completely dry. I had not thought about the long term. Where else can it be oiled, I would be interested in learning about what you do.
  6. GOOSE3

Napa Air compressor

This compressor setup is mostly to get some easy access air that is cheaper than the other options. I had a cheap little compressor that took a long time to fill a tire, so this is a big upgrade. It will be stored in the back and pulled when needed, I am not opposed the the unloader option, I...
  7. GOOSE3

Napa Air compressor

I have not thought about an unloader valve, just the pressure relief valve because I wanted a way to relieve the pressure after using the compressor. What is the difference between pressure relief and unloader valves? I tapped for the relief valve and can swap them if needed. I went with the...
  8. GOOSE3

Napa Air compressor

Mine is very similar to his, I am taking a few ideas from several people. I wanted the switch and pressure relief and no single video gave it all to me, so I took several ideas and used them. Lock your Hubs 4WDing has a great video for those looking for a detailed install, he has in my opinion...
  9. GOOSE3

Napa Air compressor

I wanted a setup to air up my tires but didn't want to spend a ton, so I started a project. I want to get some ideas and thoughts from you guys. The compressor itself is pretty amazing and powerful, its a knockoff of all the others, but at $120 with coupon, I decided to get it. I cut out the...
  10. GOOSE3

GOOSE3

I called Adams becuse the shaft is supposed to have one zerk and one flat fitting, mine came with 2 flat and my experience with them is zero, so I thought the zerk had broken off. They said initially that something was wrong because I should have a regular zerk, but the service guy came on and...
  11. GOOSE3

GOOSE3

i did not know that, I have watched the intall video to make sure I have the right tools. Will check for the maintenance video/s
  12. GOOSE3

GOOSE3

Thanks Rob. I have the Adams 1310 driveshaft and Core 4x4 arms with double JJ's, I decided against the MC after you said they need to be pulled and serviced.
  13. GOOSE3

GOOSE3

So i bought a driveshaft yesterday while drinking, I planned to get it but not just yet. So here we are. I wanted to know from those of you who have installed the front shaft, it looks pretty straightforward, any special tools or steps that I should take when I install it? I also want to know...
  14. GOOSE3

Been gone a while...

Welcome from Great Falls:jw
  15. GOOSE3

New guy

Welcome from Great Falls!
Back