Recent content by ALTxF

1. A

Manual JL daily driver?

Gearing is one of the most annoying things about a manual JL. To get 4.10 gearing you have to move up to a Rubicon, otherwise you are stuck with 3.45. I want to keep it OEM with a warranty. My build W$38k but a Rubi is closer to $50k
  2. A

Manual JL daily driver?

How is daily driving a Wrangler JL manual in typical DC area traffic? Half my commute is the beltway and the other half commuter roads. Any one buy the manual and wish they hadn’t? I didn’t seem to need 5th or 6th gear on my short test drive even though I was going over 55.
  3. A

Knowledgeable 4xe dealer

I am in NoVA but do not mind a little travel to access skilled talent. I'm thinking it's a good idea to have a preferred dealer which may not be the nearest but is the best choice, and then a backup dealer that is closer to home or work in case towing is involved.
  4. A

Knowledgeable 4xe dealer

Mulling over buying a 4xe Rubicon but the newness of the platform has me a little nervous. Any particular dealership in our area better staffed to service these electronic Jeeps?
  5. A

The topless life

I have a garage which is why I'm considering topless Spring-Summer. The Sunrider seems like a glorified sunroof, I would like something more open. Any recommendations on a bikini style top?
  6. A

The topless life

Hey everyone, I am not an official owner yet but I do have a factory order in for a Wrangler Unlimited. I was told it will take a few months to arrive but there is no way to predict. This is my first Jeep so I am trying to set some expectations about the ownership experience being that I am a...
Back