Recent content by 22BlueWilly

1. 22BlueWilly

Death wobble?

Thanks for the update. I’m likewise going to let the dealer replace the steering stabilizer on warranty. I’m at only 10k miles. Keep me posted and I’ll do the same. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. 22BlueWilly

Death wobble?

Appreciate the offer to help. Will follow up after the dealer looks at it again and I return from travel. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. 22BlueWilly

Death wobble?

Thanks Rob. I’m traveling for the next two weeks starting this weekend but will follow up after I’m back. I haven’t had the wobble since I first sent this post. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. 22BlueWilly

Death wobble?

Thanks. I’ve given up on Koons after I left my Jeep for service only to be told they wouldn’t work on it because it had a lift - even a Mopar kit! I only have about a year left on the warranty so will soon just be done with dealers. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. 22BlueWilly

Death wobble?

Well, I contacted the dealer, and they said the steering damper is weak and causing the issue. Not sure why they didn't mention this while the Jeep was still there. At least the parts and labor are covered by the warranty. They also didn't check the alignment after rotating the tires, so will do...
  6. 22BlueWilly

Death wobble?

Hi all - I’ve read about the infamous death wobble in Jeeps and think I’m now experiencing it. I have a 2022 2 door Willys with the 2” Mopar lift. I just got it back from the dealer for 10k mile service including tire rotation. When riding to work today, when I hit a bump at 45 MPH+, the...
  7. 22BlueWilly

Hello NOVA Jeepers

Welcome from Falls Church! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. 22BlueWilly

Welcome from falls church! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. 22BlueWilly

Where do you take your Jeep?

If you want a dealer option, I just had a good experience with Ourisman in Alexandria. I have a lifted Jeep and needed all of the suspension related bolts torqued. Some dealers (looking at you, Koons of Tysons) won’t work on Jeeps with aftermarket mods that they didn’t do, but Ourisman was...
  10. 22BlueWilly

Sway bar disconnect recommendations

Thanks! The instructions show cutting a hole in the liners but this option sounds a little cleaner. Did you do the install yourself? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. 22BlueWilly

Willys JL 2 door shocks, springs, control arms

Installed the Mopar lift kit so no longer need the stock Willys shocks, springs, control arms. Note that Willys come with the Rubicon shocks, but springs are not Rubi. They all have about 9000 miles on them and a few light trips off-road. I’m in Falls Church. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. 22BlueWilly

Wrenching party 12/10

Thanks Rob, we had a great time and learned a lot. Grateful for your help. Here are some action shots. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. 22BlueWilly

Rausch weekend run 15-17 Dec

So sorry to hear this Rob. Hope you are feeling better soon. I’m unfortunately also not able to make it. I was hoping to come up for Saturday but I coach my son’s indoor soccer team and he has his first game Saturday. Hope you all have a great time! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. 22BlueWilly

Rausch weekend run 15-17 Dec

Feel better! Hope it wasn’t the donuts. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. 22BlueWilly

What did you do to your Jeep today? - December 2023

Installed 2” Mopar lift. Big thanks to @R3 for the help! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back