What did you do to your Jeep today? - March 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since it hit 61° this afternoon, I went out and put another coat of black spray paint on the Scrambler. I went ahead and did the hood as well. Decided to cover the “patina”. I have 4 cans of 2K clear coat to put on some day.

Did some fender trimming, installed a Tuffy under seat storage thing I picked up and made brackets to hold it all together for this weekends trip.
IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

Got the 37’s mounted and balanced, mopar all weather mats installed, rain guards, and had it ceramic coated, leather treated and gauge/radio screen protectors installed. Eyeing skids next, would prefer not to bash my oil pan in like I did on my ‘04 rubi many years ago

3ba1a075f6adc10333d6b64cd55208a9.jpg

ad7955e3054ba6ecec845e11619a78d7.jpg

9b76770df7130fbe58f88e4216cd4f7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saturday was a VERY long 15 hours of welding and wrenching on my brothers Jeep. Ended with someone with a split head that probably needed a few stitches, and another person 12 hours later getting a stent put in after a bunch of small heart attacks. Insane 48 hour whirlwind but everyone is good.

Obviously with all of that, pictures were not available of the final product. We got the front diff installed, rear test fitted and finished welded. It’s in there minus those stupid little E clips on the rear yoke ujoint. Rear brake plumbing needs to be fixed and a new adjustable track bar needs purchasing. We also found all 4 shocks blown, so he getting those ordered too. Hopefully we can get a test run in here in a month or 2.

Welding was a bit more of a challenge. The shop we were working at had 220 but the plug was completely different so I had to resort to 120. Luckily most of it was 3/16, but made a couple passes on some of the 1/4” stuff. The machine definitely works nicer in 220. All in all, I’m happy with my first real Jeep welding job and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. That Barnes 8.8 TJ truss kit is legit and made things so easy. Everything I tacked intially lined up perfectly on teh test fit. I made no changes other than decide which is the top hole on the track back and cut off above it.

30FC66EA-7411-4234-9C36-CFEBD747247B.jpeg

93BA2765-F563-41F7-A6F7-CA3817009BA1.jpeg

E95837C6-4C35-418F-B63D-A7002FFEE29E.jpeg

Last edited:
Got the front and rear 1350 Adams shafts installed today. I Ended up having to trim 1/2 inch off the bracket with the clip for the 4wd to allow the knuckle to spin.

Filled both diffs and took it for a spin around the block. 5.13 gears and 31.5” tires do not mesh well together but will make it to the tire shop.

Got the front and rear 1350 Adams shafts installed today. I Ended up having to trim 1/2 inch off the bracket with the clip for the 4wd to allow the knuckle to spin.

Filled both diffs and took it for a spin around the block. 5.13 gears and 31.5” tires do not mesh well together but will make it to the tire shop.
I can't even imagine the 31.5" with the 5:13. My 37" with that ratio are just a little punchier that stock.

Used GRs plate bracket on mine. The cables I ran to the mounting plate between the body and plate.

Attachments

• IMG_20220417_143058183.jpg
    IMG_20220417_143058183.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20220416_192816373.jpg
    IMG_20220416_192816373.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
Applied a couple pieces of Xpel paint protection film to the rear fenders. Hopefully this keeps the road rash from stripping the paint off them.

Used GRs plate bracket on mine. The cables I ran to the mounting plate between the body and plate.

I like the way that plate looks! I bought the led light that genright sells. It didn’t come with instructions for installing it so I am not quite sure where to run the wire to. Do you drill a hole in the body to access the passenger side tail light?

I like the way that plate looks! I bought the led light that genright sells. It didn’t come with instructions for installing it so I am not quite sure where to run the wire to. Do you drill a hole in the body to access the passenger side tail light?

The tire carrier has a fish line in it. I ran my tail light to the passenger rear light. I did drill a hole in the body to pass that and a couple other wires thru

The gen right light also has a third stop lamp in it.

Saturday was a VERY long 15 hours of welding and wrenching on my brothers Jeep. Ended with someone with a split head that probably needed a few stitches, and another person 12 hours later getting a stent put in after a bunch of small heart attacks. Insane 48 hour whirlwind but everyone is good.

Obviously with all of that, pictures were not available of the final product. We got the front diff installed, rear test fitted and finished welded. It’s in there minus those stupid little E clips on the rear yoke ujoint. Rear brake plumbing needs to be fixed and a new adjustable track bar needs purchasing. We also found all 4 shocks blown, so he getting those ordered too. Hopefully we can get a test run in here in a month or 2.

Welding was a bit more of a challenge. The shop we were working at had 220 but the plug was completely different so I had to resort to 120. Luckily most of it was 3/16, but made a couple passes on some of the 1/4” stuff. The machine definitely works nicer in 220. All in all, I’m happy with my first real Jeep welding job and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. That Barnes 8.8 TJ truss kit is legit and made things so easy. Everything I tacked intially lined up perfectly on teh test fit. I made no changes other than decide which is the top hole on the track back and cut off above it.

View attachment 6121
I have an 8.8 also. If you are going to run a rear anti-sway bar, I'm pretty sure you will need to trim/cut off the 2 fins on top of the diff casting otherwise the bar will hit them. Also, get a good diff cover as the OEM will peel right off getting hung on a rock edge. I used a "Solid" brand cover on mine and it fits pretty slim and doesn't hit anything.

Also, that axle is looking pretty good. Too bad you can't see them after the install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back