What did you do to your Jeep today? - September 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used the ARB on it to fill up the flat tire on my work truck. 10 psi to 75psi takes it a little longer than my jeep tires

Long arm rod ends rebuilt or replaced, home garage four-wheel alignment and pinion angle setting done.

Rear cage padding installed.

New to me rubber and aluminum installed on all four corners and spare carrier.

Lube lockers, diff fluid, transmission gear oil ordered or delivered, replacement to be done. Oil change completed, York compressor oil changed. Previously installed aftermarket oil pressure sending unit replaced with OEM, accurate oil pressure readings received and connector lock tab remains unbroken!

SWR meter delivered to replace the one I loaned out and never got back or otherwise can't find.. CB to be re-tuned.

Realized all the maintenance that has been neglected after the Jeep only being driven 1200 miles in the past 8 years. Here's to the new adventures that can be had after kids grow up and no longer require car seats :jw

Last edited:
Installed my rear extended brake lines. Noticed that my rear links caught my passenger side hard line and thankfully did not break it. Spent some time messing with the line to get it into a safer location and bent back. Added a zip tie to keep it close to the frame.

I figured it was time to remove the links and cut the bolts shorter so this shouldn’t happen again. Thankful i saved the rear for later now. I am probably going to look for a new hard line now.
13709ddbcc2df2d959d062ddb226ceda.jpg

bbe1de68d3a7acb9c834d1b519e0718c.jpg

8e914c40f10513536640daec21529595.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved my flag pole/CB antenna from the bumper to the bed. And then I swapped a metal tailgate onto the white Scrambler. Once the hood goes on, I will start to look like a Police Jeep from the 80s. I am going to ask my wife to use her Cricut to cut me some vinyl letters in white or Silver.

Next is to take the rear bumper off and prep it to get tucked closer to the tub. Directly attached to the rear crossmember. That will require flush mounted tail lights if I want to put the rear tire swing back on.
E5E6BE3D-338E-45EE-B2B2-4FD4B1FA03E6.jpeg

Installed my rear extended brake lines. Noticed that my rear links caught my passenger side hard line and thankfully did not break it. Spent some time messing with the line to get it into a safer location and bent back. Added a zip tie to keep it close to the frame.

I figured it was time to remove the links and cut the bolts shorter so this shouldn’t happen again. Thankful i saved the rear for later now. I am probably going to look for a new hard line now.
13709ddbcc2df2d959d062ddb226ceda.jpg

bbe1de68d3a7acb9c834d1b519e0718c.jpg

8e914c40f10513536640daec21529595.jpg

That looks like a very sharp bend going into the stainless brake hose. Did it get kinked there?

That looks like a very sharp bend going into the stainless brake hose. Did it get kinked there?

Yes the bolts coming out of my rear links were too long and must have snagged the brake line when I went to bald mountain. It isn’t leaking and still works. I replaced the lower lines and bled them afterwards.

I think I am still going to order a new hard line to replace it. I have considered buying the flaring tool and bending the line and repairing it.

For now I just bent it into a safer location and cut the bolts off both of the rear sway links so it can’t happen again.

This is definitely something to look out for when installing new things. I learned my lesson the hard way. But thankful I wasn’t left without brakes on the trail.

Yes the bolts coming out of my rear links were too long and must have snagged the brake line when I went to bald mountain. It isn’t leaking and still works. I replaced the lower lines and bled them afterwards.

I think I am still going to order a new hard line to replace it. I have considered buying the flaring tool and bending the line and repairing it.

For now I just bent it into a safer location and cut the bolts off both of the rear sway links so it can’t happen again.

This is definitely something to look out for when installing new things. I learned my lesson the hard way. But thankful I wasn’t left without brakes on the trail.

We have bending and flaring tools if you need to borrow some! Worked well on our stainless lines, granted stainless was a pita!

Suspension is done. Cut the rear coil over mounts off and built new mounts. Welded them in and just like that (5 hrs later) the Red Jeep sits the way it should.

Thanks ZUKE!

I got my Savvy gas tank skid installed today with a few issues. Naturally the stock bolts were rusted and I had to deal with one for some time but I got it. Also, the old skid must have held all the dirt from flagpole and Rausch over the last few years. Naturally all the dirt ended up in my eyes and my mouth. Haha

I like the look of it installed and it saves me about 1.25 - 1.5 inches overall. And it is only 4 pounds heavier than stock.

Final note, yes it is aluminum and yes I painted it. I have no other silver/aluminum on my Jeep so the aluminum skid would have looked odd hanging out on the back. I do still need to clean it up a little. Got dirty during the install.
13e6e521f95afb1903ca8234d7c78bca.jpg
d54dc327dc77dd9412313af8e0d091f9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Cut the mounting brackets off of my bumper and then cut out the big spot of rusty metal on the bottom. A lot of scaling came out. Not sure if this bumper is worth saving or not.
82B4F7EE-AF4A-433B-B0AA-ADCE90F7ECF5.jpeg

91230953-D725-4A27-ABA5-D55F6AF77762.jpeg

Attachments

• BF8FB37D-8AD9-4DFC-B5C1-2E7FB825A427.jpeg
    BF8FB37D-8AD9-4DFC-B5C1-2E7FB825A427.jpeg
    625.7 KB · Views: 46
If I do, it will get tucked into the body pretty close now.

C9F5BE2E-8281-410A-8D9F-046D0BE73D50.jpeg

Attachments

• D32D9D9E-A1E5-4A62-92E2-FD13B45AFC07.jpeg
    D32D9D9E-A1E5-4A62-92E2-FD13B45AFC07.jpeg
    316.8 KB · Views: 45
Decided to start learning how to clean up some rust. Mostly focused on my sliders as they took the brunt of the damage from the Rausch Box trails. A small sample:

IMG_4137-2.jpg

Definitely some growing pains on the process of scraping, dissolving, and painting over. Mostly that a rattle can seems like a bad idea, don't wanna use that again. Good news is that my frame looks pretty good overall, touched up two spots on that. There's some rust on the skids I should eventually take care of, and also where the control arms meet the shocks

I did learn that my sliders only did ok out on Rausch... The driver one help up well:
IMG_4138.jpg

But the passenger side was scratched up a lot more and got pushed up to the body:

IMG_4139.jpg

I thought I got away without any body damage but no such luck:

IMG_4142.jpg

I'll need to figure out how to take care of that...gonna blame Crawl Daddy for that!

Not my rig, did a little work on Galactica's trophy truck today. Beadlocks learned a new trick to break beads... Very 😎.
4 new 40s mounted...
Tire rack assembled and mounted...
Oil cooler located...

And lots of other stuff. That rig is so cool.... can't wait to see it on the trails.

This old guy is beat.

Took off the old bumper since the tailgate didn't like a tire hanging off of it and installed a Shittybuilt one. I'm not sure how long this thing is going to last, but we shall see. I managed to rig up the stock 3rd break light to keep it "street legal."
IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1604.jpg
    IMG_1604.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back