What did you do to your Jeep today? - Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing notable. Put some mes on the new build. Adjusted drag link and went for a drive. 40 and 5.38 are interesting. Even with the bigger rolling stock the jeep moves along pretty well. 60-65 is easy to maintain and running slower just requires the usual down shift. Overall I am loving the ride and the new axle/tire combo. Tires are very quiet which is pretty amazing for the tread depth. When the humidity breaks I will get back out to finish the little stuff

Cheers

Gave my rig a bath after the weekend at Rausch. That black coal mud is nasty! Had to spray my driveway after with the pressure washer. Tomorrow I’ll get underneath to inspect all the new “beauty marks” on my skids etc. 😂
DEF75A87-B670-40EB-A081-BFFF6ECFCCB2.jpeg

Gave my rig a bath after the weekend at Rausch. That black coal mud is nasty! Had to spray my driveway after with the pressure washer. Tomorrow I’ll get underneath to inspect all the new “beauty marks” on my skids etc. 😂 View attachment 4831
I washed mine on the outside and cleaned out the inside as well.

I feel like no matter how well I wash it after Rausch, I always find mud somewhere I missed.

I washed the RC mud off with the power washer and found that I am missing a nut on the driver side rear spring perch. So I will be replacing that tonight. I also power washed the black Scrambler to take the mildew off and see how bad things really are with that one.
7677202B-099E-435C-BE3E-2F3EAF8C2C0A.jpeg

Yesterday, unloaded the trailer, pressure washed outside and underside, then washed proper. Still couldn't get all the coal dust off. Aired up, conencted sway bar and track bar, crawled under inspected everything and hit each zerk fitting with some new grease. Showered and changed as I was soaked completely through. Then took her for a nice drive to confirm everything still worked as it should. Good news is, shes ready to go back.

Noticed that I lost a nut for the driver side rear leaf spring hanger. I guess bouncing off of the rocks using my leaf spring took its toll.

Also noticed that I will be doing a front diff service soon. The cover is now leaking on the driveway. Yay.
2ED828FF-4DCA-46BF-A805-329333F5D4CF.jpeg

I contacted several AB shops in the area. Selected Service King in Lorton to fix my broken Jeep! poop!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Finished installing the switch for my compressor. Put everything back together and the brand new hvac control unit (2 weeks old) stopped working. I’ve checked every fuse associated with it and they are fine. I can only assume the unit went bad from plugging it in multiple times since I didn’t splice into any wires from that plug. Warranty replacement from mopar is about a month back ordered. No heat or ac in the jeep is a bummer.
dc95146807e5ed3b9b2f12203293c293.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noticed that I lost a nut for the driver side rear leaf spring hanger. I guess bouncing off of the rocks using my leaf spring took its toll.

Also noticed that I will be doing a front diff service soon. The cover is now leaking on the driveway. Yay.
I think I know exactly where you lunched that nut from the spring hanger! And possibly tweaked that diff cover, too!

it was on Friday, when you took that middle/left-line up Crawler Ridge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back